Read 52 comments as:
Filter By
great, cohesive and complete update, kudos my dear. take care
Can anyone tell me what the NRI cut-offs were for NLU Jodhpur, GNLU Gandhinagar and NLIU Bhopal in CLAT 2021 and 2020? Please!
NRI SEATS IN CLAT ARE ALLOTED BASED ON CLAT MERIT AND TO GET INTO NUJS OR NLUJ,CLAT RANK SHOULD BE UNDER 1000
This is the only thing you can come up with if gnlu stats are worse than nliu. 2 in a batch doesn't affect an entire crowd.
Brand value of NLIU has really taken a beating with this scam.
NLIU has been in general decline for a while. Losing out very quickly to GNLU etc
How is this a scam? It would be if it was happening discreetly. The sports quota allocation happens in a publicised manner, open to all. By that logic literally every NLU is corrupt then?
A 13-word comment posted 3 years ago was not published.
You are the one who made it evident in your last sentence of comment 7.
NLIU must be suspended from CLAT and NIRF rankings until the probe is complete. In case of wrongdoing, NLU status must be taken away for 5 years and DNLU Jabalpur must be designated as the sole NLU from MP during that period.
Way to state the obvious my friend. Yes it’s pure class envy on my part. I am quite jealous of my fellow #richkidsofnlus who get the tag of top NLUs on their cvs and claim the benefits that come with it while having secured a rank that’s double-triple my own. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
You use the same moniker as I do - guest! How did you distinguish between yourself and me!

Grow up. Galti ho gayi toe maan lo. Itni kya ego.
So, basically it is class envy that is promoting people to allege corruption here without basis. Good that you made that clear.
And you need to distinguish yourself from 3 if you are using the guest moniker and responding in the same line in the same comment follow up.
That was not me. You need to learn how to reply to 3 (you would then be 3.2) and not 3.1.1 (you were 3.1.1.1).
Actually, if your opinion has got not a shred to evidence to support it, then it is not worth airing.
I never stated that I have any reason to believe that the process on enrolling FN is rigged. I merely stated the fact of the admission process.
People of Indian origin can have citizenship of other countries. Only then are they qualified to get through the foreign national seats. Looking at a person from Indian origin who stays abroad and automatically assuming that they are NRIs is a bad presumption.
Even if foreign national seats in NALSAR are filled on the basis of plus two results, has there ever been any complaint that a person having secured less marks has been chosen over one with more marks? Because otherwise this is just witch hunting.
Completely hogwash. The guy is just throwing random allegations without a shred of proof.
What rubbish! If you can't differentiate between NRI seats and foreign nationals seats, then you should go back to school, let alone law school.
NRI quota is filled through CLAT. Even in case of foreign nationals, the application process is transparent enough. Do you have any evidence of even a formal complaint raised, or are you habitually accustomed to making random allegations based on your mood swings?
There is no NRI quota at NALSAR. It has Foreign National seats. The two are distinct categories. Many NLUs have one or the other, sometimes both.

Foreign National seats at NALSAR are filled via +2 results. I have mentioned the same in comment #3.1.1.
NRI quota seats at NALSAR at least are not filled based on CLAT rank. They are based on 12th board marks. Not sure where you're getting your information from.
No, not true. The Foreign National seats are not filled via CLAT. They are filled by marks secured in +2 exams.

I am not sure about NRI as my institution does not have that reservation.
This was the case in most national law schools prior to CLAT. Post-CLAT, most law schools have some donation seats like NRI quota etc.
This makes me wonder if seats for admission been sold for money at any of the NLUs? Even with CLAT score, can there be corruption in allocation? What about quota seats?