Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
I am amazed how much credence young lawyers are giving to CLAT as a merit measure. In the middle ranks, 5 marks are almost 900 ranks, do you really believe that a guy/gal who could solve 5 more paragraph GK questions has so much more merit as to lose top 7 colleges altogether? On the other hand, you might be aware that in 2020 at least 9 NRI candidates were in the Top 100.

I would suggest that please question the elitist CLAT exam where only English speaking elite qualify before questioning on NRI seats as if that is the biggest issue. My drivers daughter can hope to qualify top IIT with effort, but given her hindi medium education and general category status, i am not sure whether and if how many years she will take to qualify a top 7 NLU - i am at a loss to guide her much and coaching starts only at a certain level - but she can do great maths.

Please read up other reports where NRI candidates have scored as much /more than general category. Its the Foreign Nationals who score poor and that is the same at the IITs as well. Even in Medicine, NRI candidates enter Kasturba Medical College at 60,000 NEET rank, Vs. 20,000 for general but most perform as good or as bad with as large as a 40,000 rank difference.

Like the IAS, getting a good CLAT rank seems to give the person a sense of entitlement for Life. But the ranking is so fragile - I would guess at least 80% of the top 500 qualifiers will not be able to repeat their performance. I have friends at SRCC Delhi who got 100% in tenth but even they are not comfortable stating that they would be able to repeat the marks they received. SIr/ma'am, 3-5 marks dude in a a Scholastic aptitude test, come to think of it and i can sit on that Rank for life (or till the time you do anything worthwhile in life - when you stop commenting on boards like these)

Good luck to all and god bless