Recruiting organisation: Impact Law Ventures (ILV)
ILV is well known as a boutique law practice in India for early stage entrepreneurs, social business enterprises, early stage investors, impact investors and non-profit organizations (“Target Audience”). ILV’s current focus is working at the intersection of start-up, sustainable development, venture capital and non-profit sectors. Apart from ILV’s strong corporate practice, ILV offers substantial opportunities in new practice areas that the firm is looking to grow such as corporate social responsibility, policy and regulatory practice, and public private partnerships.
ILV was founded in New Delhi, India in February 2011, as a mission-focused, boutique law practice by Pankaj Jain, a corporate lawyer who worked with Acumen and AZB & Partners, after having graduated from NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad.
Designation: Corporate Transactional Lawyer
Open Position(s): 2
Job location: New Delhi
Candidates’ required post-qualification experience (PQE) level in years: Minimum 2+ Years PQE
Practice area specialisation required: Corporate Transactional
Salary: Typically fixed salary between INR 10 -12 lakhs p.a., with a variable performance component up to INR 8 lakhs.
As part of a fast growing and young law practice, selected candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of growing, managing and developing a start-up law practice, combined with performance based financial and professional incentives. Candidates will be initially selected for a 3 (three) month paid probation period. Upon the expiry of the probation period, ILV may at its option, enter into an annual retainer arrangement. The retainer arrangement will involve the following: (a) visibility on expectations and career track; (b) annual performance targets and incentives; (c) a competitive monthly retainer amount to be determined based on the candidate’s prior experience and performance during the probation period.
The candidates will have the following roles:
- Fulfilling combination of long hours and working with Indian and international clients to bring about the change we wish to see in the world as citizens and lawyers.
- Cutting edge areas of innovative businesses and sustainable development with a young and exciting client base of start-ups, early stage businesses, angel investors, impact investors, social business enterprises and non-profit organizations.
- Opportunity to participate in economic windfall upsides typical to early stage participation and commitment to growing a young law practice, including revenue share and fast-track partnership.
- Qualified to practice law in India with at least PQE 2+ years. Prior work experience with top 5 law firm(s) in India is preferable.
- Should be imaginative, entrepreneurial and self-motivated with willingness to work in a start-up work environment.
- Strong personal and professional integrity, and passionate commitment to ethically serve the Target Audience with patience and perseverance.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in communicating in English, willingness to learn, excellent research and analytical skills.
Apply directly to Impact Law Ventures via the form below.