Read 35 comments as:
Filter By
Genuine and important question, because the vast majority of NLU students are left-wing. If they became left only in law school it says something about the faculty and curriculum...
Question to right wing students: Did you start bidding adieu to logic only after watching Godi media and listening to Mo-Shah jumlas, or did the indoctrination start way before in the family, via WhatsApp groups?
Your precious Modiji and Amitji themselves have said that all the promises they make before elections are jumlas. You should ask them about it. Meanwhile, here are some of those:

1. Magnetic chip on 2000 notes.

2. Demonetisation stopping black money.

3. 15 lakhs in every account.

4. 2 crores of jobs every year.

5. Agniveer

6. Crop MSP

7. Electoral bond scam

8. BJP as washing machine scam. Every opposition leader under investigation goes free when they join BJP

9. No dynasty politics. Lol, everywhere the family members of BJP people are being given election tickets or lucrative positions for which they are unqualified. Ask Jay Shah.

10. China isn't inside our lands.
Lol, was extremely right-wing in law school and have now turned left.
Rare, was extremely left in law school when i was girl crazy. Real world knocked sense into me and I vote BJP along with my family.
Here’s my theory on this:

1. NLU kids belong to either the privileged middle-class or privileged rich class (aka General category) or the non-privileged middle class or non-privileged rich class (aka SC/ST/OBC categories).

2. The first category NLU kids are naturally BJP-inclined. These NLU kids β€œartificially” get into leftism just to be trendy or impress girls. They revert to being BJP supporters after graduating.

2. A few such NLU kids do β€œgenuinely” become left, because they are introduced to left-wing literature in college and have never read such literature before (indeed, they may not even have read ANY books before, being hooked onto Netflix and Instagram). However, these β€œgenuine” leftists also gradually change course after joining the private sector and being sucked into the capitalist ecosystem.

3. However, I think NLU kids from the second category are truly genuinely left-leaning. They are not financially poor, and some of them may even be multimillionaires, but they are still non-privileged. Hence, they support the Congress.
I know several people like this, but at law firms. Dudes be thinking anybody cares about their views or insta stories. Like no dude, your 2 rupees ki philosophy stolen from the reddit comments made by unemployed Marxist neckbeards impresses no one. Not to mention these dudes are, most of the times, not physically attractive, which is the primary problem.
Weird way to call yourself an incel, buddy boi. Girl crazy = asking for their phone numbers and texting at whatever time and whatever bullshit.
Nope, girl crazy = posting the same cultural marxist crap they did, joining all their nonsense protests, saying all the things they wanted to hear, whambam and thank you ma’am.
Pre-NLUD: Didn't care either way, but I would lean a bit more towards individual freedom.

At NLUD: Learned to empathize, would say I had very hardcore libertarian ideals. Would value individual freedom more than anything else probably. Also strongly believed in identity politics - gender, sexuality, caste, religion etc.

Post-NLUD: Still feel individual freedom matters a lot. However, I think it is sad that all the dialogue space is occupied by identity politics whereas there are a lot more "real" issues that India has not solved, like hunger and poverty. I would now call myself a centrist - I care about individual rights but also understand that economic progress may contribute to some upliftment.

The college course had nothing to do with what I believe in. It's just a part of growing up and trying to make sense of the world around you. Grateful to college for making me keep an open mind.
does not matter

All these left students are anyway gonna work with companies of adani ambani and other wealth creators lol but will vote for parties who talk about excesssive freebies, caste census, wealth distribution as if its gonna take economy at some new heights like bihar has done after caste census

Recent LI thread of caste census just showed how left in india has changed from progressiveness to backwardnesss.

I still know many Right wing and neutral students who are in law schools
Dont judge by seeing LI students
Most of them are delusional
and all law students dont use LI so chill
I think my politics stem from my personal experience and philosophy in life. The way I have thought since my childhood about my life and the circle around me had just extended to society generally.

Of course, I have made a lot of mistakes in my life and had to learn a lot in both areas of my life - specially personal life ofc.

Also, I went to a uni which was predominantly right I think … so.
Incels become RW after the girl they like is not impressed by their woman hating 'quirks'.
LI users are disproportionately far-left and can't be taken a representative sample. Take it from me: the majority of law school students are centrist or centre-right. They vote for the BJP --- not necessarily because they like the BJP, but because they fear an alternative government run by Rahul/Mamata/Lalu/Akhilesh/DMK etc will be a lot worse.
Where are these left wing students? I feel all my students are right wing, not even a single centrist there. It's hard to even get them to think that a political position can be legitimate, even if one disagrees with it.
Most of them are brought up in nice apolitical environments. Law school people they meet indoctrinates them. Atleast this was what it was like before Jio Boom atleast.
Question to RW-gers - how did you not learn critical thinking but managed to learn selective ignorance during your 5 years in a course that pushes for critical thinking?
Everyone, till the time they're associated with academia thinks they're left wing, yet when they graduate & have to fend for themselves turn right wing. It's proven that socially left is better, economically right. So if you want to survive in this hyper capitalistic world you will have to be RW. It's all about the money. For example, The reason JNU students is left wing is because money is not an issue with low fees and low rent. Therefore students can focus completely on increasing knowledge, intellectual discussions and focusing more on academic performance. They become used to living with minimum resources. In the other hand, NLU students live off their parents in university, and that's why they initially don't feel the pinch, however once they graduate they find it difficult to live with minimum resources and therefore they opt for high paying jobs, and high paying jobs in law usually means being a corporate b!tch. If NLU students were actually leftist you would see more of them join litigation and NGOs, however they don't since they know they'll be paid less and won't be able to live in luxury. Therefore if you want to see true leftist, go to JNU, those are the people who will geniunely fight for the cause even after graduating as they know life is not about luxury. In the other hand, you will see only a handful of NLU kids who actually practice left oriented outlook in reality post graduation.

It's the reason why left is now only reduced to academia, research and theory. In reality everyone wants to run the rat race and live luxuriously, thus entwining their fate with corporate culture to buy that new shiny life.
Really? The large number of people all over the world who profess leftist and democratic ideologies are all unsuccessful professionally? Because you say so?
Ive noticed that smarter people, especially in the humanities, tend to be left wing. This is NLUs, especially the really good ones, tend to be left leaning.
A 8-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 8-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 19-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 0-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.