Read 30 comments as:
Filter By
Btw we know who you are dude and if u got this much issue with a discussion happening in the GC, then say it in the GC rather than being such a pussy and passing personal comments on LI, disgusting
Honey, even the US Supreme Court struck down affirmative action. 😀 Justice Clarence Thomas said: “The best way to stop discriminating on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race.”
If this is who I think it is, it is not surprising that you have completely misrepresented a normal conversation about something specific to seem like a toxic generalization considering your flair for hurling abuses and fighting with your batchmates about everything
cap, the ivy leagues still give huge preference to people from oppressed countries, eg Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc, and Blacks do get preference in college and job applications way more than our system in India. They have been marginalised so they do deserve an equal playing field. And considering the diversity of India im sure the government should not ignore them and act like they dont exist
in US even private jobs have affirmative action for blacks, Trump once said i wish i was black
As a fifth year, my only advice to you is - see who you're quoting. 'Justice' Clarence Thomas is an awful human being and regularly takes gifts and trips from billionaires who are 'conservatives'.

If nothing else, in these 5 years learn about credibility of sources you're trying to quote.

Starting a sentence with 'honey' may make you feel good, but I can already feel the condescending tone through the screen - it makes you look like a ginormous moron.
Then he needs law school and legal education more than you do. Start thinking like that and your life will become happier, I assure you. Young people who oppose affirmative action are those who have not been taught properly about why it is necessary by good teachers who know what they are talking about. That is what law school is for.
Honestly, the fact that you had to bring a discussion that was happening on the group with both sides giving rational constructive arguments and being open to listening to each other out here on LI to anonymously and unconstructively bitch about it shows who the stupid fella is
If I remember correctly, the discussion was not about affirmative action in general but a very specific motion in some debate, as far as I can make out you're very clearly wrongly representing the discussion that went down, which too was two sides trying to debate an agenda of a competition one of them was going to
If you want to say something, then say it on the gc if you have the guts, which we can clearly see you don't have
That's kind of ironical for you to say anonymously in a forum that's useful only because it's anonymous.
This definitely seems like you're that one person who enjoys putting shit out of context to start a fight
k so for context, someone reposted a motion topic that was specific to a weird kind of affirmative action policy in colleges or smthing, and then the conversation devolved to reservations quotas policies between some members, with a couple denouncing it.

first, why is this even problematic? unless you want the batch to become one massive ECHO chamber, people are entitled to their opinions.

stop whining about it like a wuss when you didn't have the courage to at least speak out against it in the forum, where you would've had the opportunity to engage in "fruitful" conversation, where at least you could've pointed out what, in your opinion, were "flawed notions".

you didn't. you have no right to cry about it here. bloody pathetic of you, shaming a member in public. we're all young, we ought to have opposing view points about stuff!
How are they shaming anyone since nobody has been named? Further, having opposing view points is alright, but you can equally be criticised for such view point. Your perspective is not consequence-proof.
Since clearly the point OP is making was not the point originally made on the group
Because the OP grossly misrepresented the events as they happened, and they might not have named an individual, but the sensationalization in “NUJS29 is against AA” is clearly targetted towards an entire batch. Not only is it unfair because a discussion within the group is being ranted about on a platform like this, the discussion also has been dramatically misrepresented and made to seem toxic.

That, along with the OP's love for rhetoric without any concrete argument or evidence while randomly bashing an entire batch is clearly a shitty attitude to have
Exactly! OP also hasn't responded to any of this either. Response where?
Bhai gajab batch hai tumhari. College aane se pehle hi jhagde. Paanch saal ke liye kuch rakho bhai.

Furthermore, internal batch group ke jhagde public forum mai kyu laa rhe ho
Because they are idiots.

Because they are noojies.

Because having Whatsapp groups before having any useful content to share therein is what is cringe.
I understand that each of you has a strong ideology, which is completely acceptable and often stems from personal experiences. However, having strong beliefs does not mean we should engage in conflicts with each other. As students of one of India's prestigious colleges, there are high expectations for us to address existing problems, exchange ideas, and discuss social issues constructively to achieve meaningful outcomes. Let's work together to meet these expectations.
???? ARE YOU SERIOUSLY USING CHATGPT FOR A LEGALLYINDIA COMMENT?
A 5-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.