Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, I am a final year law student from a t2 NLU, I started with a group of 10-15 people during my initial years of law school. As I am about to complete my fifth year, I only have a handful of people left who I trust and still consider as a friend. Is this common, I feel everyone around me seems to be jealous of each other's achievements (most of them pretend to be good friends)
Yes. That’s the golden rule of college friendship.

You start with 20-30 and in your 1st year you talk to everyone, and each year natural selection takes out some folks till you’re down to 2-3 friends only.

Relax! It’s okay
And after college, you have colleagues and not friends so u go down to zero.
I'm down to just two three people I somewhat talk to now. Granted my own mental health hasn't been the best - depression and passively suicidal thoughts don't help - but once I'm out of this shitty T2 I think I'll be able to feel better over a new start. This 5 year degree is a curse. They should do the integrated in 3.5 years or 4 and be done with it.
I'm in second year, I started with 15 and have zero, and it's going to be like that till the end of college lmao, I care a little but not too much so it's alright
I'm a first year student in a Tier 3 NLU and I only consider 1 person as my friend. I'm an extrovert with around a hundred so called "friends" but secretly resenting all of them because I saw them hating each other behind their back and pulling each other down whether it's an opportunity or an election.

Now I don't believe in trusting/opening up with the 'snakes' here.

So Sir/Ma'am, I believe you're fortunate if your friend count is more than one.
The backbiting and two-faced nature seems like it's pervasive throughout our law schools. Maybe there's something about this profession that draws people like that in?