Read 40 comments as:
Filter By
As an Associate(joined last year) at a T-1 law firm in NCR, I find myself in a predicament. I've developed feelings for a senior associate within the same team, and I'm torn about whether to confess. The fear of how the team might react looms over me, but I also suspect she might feel the same way. Despite the 2-3 year age gap, the uncertainty weighs heavy on my mind. Should I take the risk and confess my feelings, or should I continue to keep them hidden to avoid potential complications within the team?
It's actually socially inappropriate to ask out a senior female colleague. It is ethical but you would be judges by everyone.

I have even seen Pa's asking out fresher AO's and even ending up dating and marrying them.

Generally women prefer older men or of same age and never younger guys as they expect more maturity, income in men.
WTF are you talking about? Nick Jonas is 9 years younger than PC. No one cares in this day and age.
1. Malaika - Arjun = 12 years

2. Elsa Pataky - Chris Hemsworth = 7 years3. Katrina - Vicky = 5 years

No gives a shit and on the contrary everyone stans couple nos 2 and 3. Only jobless housing society aunties and uncles have a problem with such relationships (and they're younger equivalents in law firms: aunties-in-waiting/uncles-in-waiting). Do you really want to give up the person you like because of these toxic aunties and junior aunties/uncles-in waiting? What if this girl is the love of your life?

So just go for it... but do so politely, nicely, slowly and subtly. Invite her to a movie first. Many of the Oscar movies are showing in town, so that's a good excuse.
No I know several female partners in law firms marrying male juniors
Take some time to gauge whether she feels the same or not. Only once you're sure, confess it or let her do it first. The stakes are very high, remember that. Can cost you your job.
What are the potential complications within the team? Do multiple people like her?
Look most women are also struggling to find a good match

Question is are you a desirable partner

Anyway, if you are asking this question here I bet you are an introvert and can’t ask out a girl because you are mortified of rejection

In this game the more people you ask out and more you are unafraid of rejection higher is your chance for success

Ask out a 100 girls, get rejected a hundred times, get over your fear of rejection

That will do you a world of good I say
Go for it, dude. I'm rooting for you guys. 😊 I hope you date, get married and have lots of babies. πŸ«ΆπŸ’•
None of you here have ever fallen in love devastatingly with one person and it shows.
Well, be 100% sure that she feels the same before confessing. Take small steps. I am sure that you guys must be chatting and sharing personal stuff by now and are comfortable with each other. Start flirting with her, go slow and see how she reacts, whether she flirts back or feels uncomfortable. Then, talk about your favourite places in the city, ask hers as well and see if you guys can visit those places together, observe her behaviour.

A rejection can be disastrous for both your mental and career health.
You are there to work. NOT engage in lafantargiri/ aashiqui. You need to draw a line between your personal and professional life.
They said integrate your personal and professional life . There is no work life balance. Lol UNO REVERSE
Don't shit where you eat - each woman is different and has different 'signs' to show interest. Do not take the risk; only if she changes the firm or you do, take the chance. You do not want to make stuff awkward at work
So long as both of you are in the same team, do not do this. Don't do it, irrespective of whether she is into you or not. Emotions change inter-personal dynamics massively, and this can drastically affect the working culture for both of you and other members in the team.

If you feel strongly about her, change teams / firm first. This is coming from a person who married another person from the same firm (very very different teams). I have also dated people in the same team many a moons ago, and it never ends well. Everything becomes too complicated.
A 25-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 27-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 16-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 8-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.