Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
I know it must sound absurd and misogynistic a bit but I have been contemplating the stark reality of boys in this industry. People like me, who come from middle-class backgrounds have no connections or monetary backing to sustain the legal grind. Though I am a corporate lawyer, I feel the reality hits even harder for people in litigation. With merger pay and crazy work hours, there is more and more inclination towards luck to turn around at any day now to make life a bit better. With mounting responsibilities and parental pressure, It gets hard to prepare for govt exams leaving an income aside.

What’s most debilitating is the societal norms haven’t changed a bit. Boys are still considered to have a stable job, good house, and other amenities to provide to the prospective partner. While in most cases girls do not have this long-term insecurity, it’s something that keeps u awake at night. No matter how insignificant you may be, you have to overperform to gain acceptance in life. Just me or anyone else facing this dilemma too? And if someone is, what can be a good way to navigate this wilderness?
Yes being a man is very hard. Despite changing norms, men still have the burden of being the breadwinner and all the responsibilities