Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
Let's face it: CAM is by far the most hated law firm in legally India for reasons such as toxicity (reflected as shouting by partners, HRs etc.), pay cut during COVID, long work hours, no equity, no work life balance,CS, HRs and yes even for its software. So, to those who choose to stay at CAM, what makes you do so..... especially if you agree with all the grievances.

Option 1:CAM is not that bad, opinions in LI are either overstated or doesn't reflect complete picture. After all only negative comes out in newspapers.

Option 2: Brand Amarchand

Option 3: CAM is good for training in the initial years.

Option 4: Better chance to be a rainmaking partner.

Option 5: Not able to switch firms and not willing to work anywhere at lower pay

Option 6: Not able to switch anywhere .....just stuck here.

Option 7: it's too early to switch.

Option 8: don't know whether other firms have same situation.

Option 9: hopeful that it will get better overtime.

Option 10: other

( I have given so much time to frame and research on this question. Cam literally has one of the highest number of lawyers and it is hiring in large numbers from top nlus and is also getting PREFERRED OVER other firms in day 0s for past few years: no, I am not a CAM HR but I have verified based on a couple day 0 lists. Your educated responses as opposed to trolls can be helpful for lot of us. Thanks.
cam is most hated? i thought that prestigious title went to azb for sure
A big Bump. There are so many from NLS who joined CAM this time. Last year as well there were many who took CAM. Some even choosing it over Trilegal, AZB and Khaitan. SAM remains the most preferred but still CAM remains preferred even after the hike by Tri. Either I am missing some important info or these NLS guys are idiots.
"only the bottommost people in the batch even sit for placements from there" Share the link where this comment was posted
That's a common comment made by students and alumni purportedly from NLSIU in most threads involving the university and its placements. You can search the LI archive yourself.
Lol, this shows that you don't judge the world by posts of LI. Majority of us want a law firm job. Out of 80 students, about 60 sat for placements. lly for junior batches out of 100 in fourth year majority are part of RCC.
That means that the people supposedly from NLSIU, who kept on claiming especially over the last 5 years on LI that NLS students are meant for 'better' things and corporate slavery is meant for lesser NLUs, had been lying all along? Shocking!
Tri is not a brand tbh, CAM and SAM (along with KCO) are institutions.
Azb is more toxic

Kco has weird luck based ppo policy

Trilegal super choosy when it comes to colleges

SAM and CAM are the only places where t2/t3 nlu peeps can smoothly join.
As far as joining the firm as an A0 is concerned straight outta college and preferring it over other firms, one of the main overriding factor is their rotation policy which gives a lot of scope to fuck around and find out to the new joinees without actually committing to a team. On top of getting to explore your preferred areas, you can make mistakes and learn from them knowing that you’ll be moving out from the team in 6 months. This I think gives it an edge over other firms even after a less pay.

As a sequitur to this point, you’ll see majority of people leaving after around 18 months once they know they are not getting to freeze their preferred team. However, if you are a good performer with stellar feedback from your past rotations, you’ll basically get to choose the people you have to work with after your last rotation. This in itself is a huge plus which no other firm can offer to new joinees.
Despite having an excellent feedback, CAM isn't giving preferred practice area or preferred location, especially Noida, to quite a few A0s
It's a mixture of Option 7 and 8 for me. You're on point about the HR, it's useless.
These problems happen in all law firms, Tier 1s like CAM and AZB at least pay well