Read 26 comments as:
Filter By
I attempted CLAT 2024 (first attempt) and secured a rank of AIR 47X. I have got HNLU on the first and second lists and hope to get GNLU by the fifth list or through vacancies. Being from Karnataka, I really wanted to get into NLS but couldn't by a small margin (thru state domicile). I have decided not to drop the year as that would be stupid. Instead, I decided I would go there and then retake CLAT in hopes of getting NLSIU. My question is, is it worth preparing for CLAT again and dropping a year to get into NLS from GNLU or is the difference not big enough for me to stick with GNLU for the full five years? Advice would be appreciated.
PS: This is my first time posting on LI so any general guidance would be appreciated.
Hey, thank you for the answer! So should I stick with GNLU for five years? I want to experience life away from home... and I think dropping a year might not be worth it given how fast GNLU is growing. Will the difference between NLS and GNLU in five years be negligible, or will there still be enough incentive for me to reattempt?
GNLU will be worth it young man. You can give clat for your metal peace but stick with GNLU. Trust me it’s amazing.
Take the hyperbole with a pinch of salt, but honestly, GNLU is a decent place to study at.
I will get gnlu right with my rank? Will I get it in the lists or will I have to wait till vacancies?
NLS. Although in the course of next few years, GNLU will overtake nujs at least if not nlu delhi.
If sheer confidence could make you reach the top, GNLU would be rank 1. You guys aren’t and will never be as good as NLUD..
With NLS's batch size. You have a better chance to get placed in GNLU compared to NLS tbh!
Yeah I was wondering about that. I mean it's the best law school but will it really place 300 students??!
It did not have the best placement record even when it had less than 100 students few years back.
Not before you can name at least 3 faculty from there with at least 5 decent publications.
NUJS will make an exponential comeback the day present government is changed.
Any NLU is just one decent VC away from being a great place to study law at.
Go to gnlu then write clat simultaneously next year, its a safe choice and since clat is unpredictable even in case it doesn't go well you'll have gnlu at the end of the day