Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
I was supposed to work at at Tier 2 Law firm in their VC and Funds team. I was told in the interview "See you in January" and was asked to read up on relevant regulations. The HR now is saying that my application was not accepted. I am in my third year and can't waste January 2024.

Can anyone suggest Corporate Internships or would be able to refer me. I had gotten that internship after 3 months of follow-ups. Managing an internship in 15 days seems impossible. I need help, any suggestions would be great.

Please write to lawstudent.anonymous.123@gmail.com
Dealing with unexpected setbacks in life is also a learning experience. It’s good to be ambitious and wish to have internships lined up all the time, but your situation is not as bad as you think it is. Once you join a law firm, 100 other things won’t be going according to plan.

Welcome to the real world!
According to plan toh tab nhi jaayegi naa, jab law firm mein ghusenge. Yaha toh berozgaari ki sambhaavna hai
I would suggest to work with a good senior advocate at SC, Del/Bombay/Karnataka/Madras HC- will be a great learning experience.
I would actually suggest that you intern with the BJP/Congress/AAP legal cell, rather than a random advocate who takes you at the last moment. This will stand out more when a recruiter sees your CV. You can say that you wanted to do something socially relevant and you wanted to understand how politics works in India prior to the 2024 elections. You may also be able to meet senior lawyers who handle cases for these legal cells.

Remember also that the legal cells of both parties will be very busy and have lots of work now, so you won't be sitting idle. We are just 90 days away from elections and there will be lots of criminal law work being handled by both parties.