Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
Let your claws grow first before you start scratching others' backs.
U r already late. I had started internships right after I was born. Iss janam mein toh successful nahi bann sakteπŸ₯²
The Mods require an apology for two unfinished comments that I submitted by clicking the "Submit" button prematurely ( I am pretty goofy that way). Sorry for it and do delete them before it confuses an aspirant or upcoming law student.

Now, to the question at hand

I'm currently an FY student at a pretty good T-2 NLU who had the opportunity to enjoy the 6-month break bestowed upon me by the Consortium with the exam being held in December.

Firstly, the 6 month break is something you'll surely reminisce about once you enter Law school. The period is a time for R&R because once you get into law school, you'll realize it's not something you can sail through without grinding. You would have countless project submissions, publications, inter/intra moots, and your end-term/mid-term examinations to worry about at the same time!

Secondly, I suggest you take up something you wished to pursue but couldn't due to time constraints imposed by CLAT/ Board Preparations. Learn a new language, or a new instrument, binge-watch movies, or catch up with old friends. You have 5 years to intern but only 6 months to do the stuff that aren't purely academic related.

Thirdly, an internship now isn't beneficial in the short or long run. A legal internship requires you to know how to read and interpret the law, this is a skill you acquire over 5 years of college life and hone throughout your professional life. Thus the stuff you do learn from the internship would more likely go over your head, never to be utilized in the near future.

If you do wish to know about the Law ( emphasis supplied on "Law") You could rather read blogs or basic articles on the same. These can shine a light on various branches or niche areas of law that you might work on once you join law school. I do not expect someone who hasn't entered law school to know fully about the defects of the Postal Rule of Communication, you know it only when you have a sufficient understanding of Contract Law and the fundamental essentials of making a contract.

Take a chill pill and relax. You have all the time to intern once you join law school. Use the break for introspection and self-reflection. You as an individual, rarely get the time to focus on your intrinsic needs and wants. If the 6 months break allows you to do the same, exploit it. You won't be at a disadvantage if you don't intern nor will you lose anything by not interning.

See the 6 months break as a reward for cracking CLAT!
I completely second what @NonsenicalLawyer said.

I've friends who interned during their 6 month-long break and yes it did make a difference in their understanding of law but I don't think that it is worth it. I didn't do a thing related to law in my break and I'm quite happy with it, those 6 months were the best days of my life. I binged, I traveled and I spent time with my friends, all in all, I lived my 6 months and I would never regret it :)

Enjoy while you can, law school drains the life out of you.
I'd suggest to split it. Chill for three months, and put the other three months to good use. That way, you'll have a headstart into law school.
Yes, that's workable. I don't suggest a one-size-fits-all type of measure. Doing something related to the Law for a few months is always more beneficial than not doing anything at all but I don't want that to be a reason to not enjoy your 6 months at all. You Work Hard and you Play Hard!
Bhai ghumne ja dosto ke sath. Law school me time Kam milega, and law school ke baad to na time milega na dost.
A 189-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 155-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.