Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, I think a lot of law students like me do not have direct exposure to people working in firms, partners, etc in this industry. Whatever we know about the industry comes from hearsay from our seniors and it varies so much from city to city to firm to firm. During your internships, it is hard to get hold of associates and have a talk about how it is work there. Hence, It is really hard to determine if this is a career path for YOU.

How would you recommend someone in the later half of the law school can reach out/ have exposure to people working in law firms and ACTUALLY understand how the work is, what the career trajectory is, what kind of people like this field.

P.S - I have watched a bunch of podcasts and interviews but I feel its gives a very biased view as everyone on there is there because they are doing good in their career and are clearly made for the field (interest and skill align with the field) that takes away from the whole requirement to talk to more "normal" people in this field to understand it.

Please let me know any ideas you have - reaching out on linkedIN, asking for phone calls from placed alums, etc.

Thank you in advance

xoxo