Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
I was going through the website of the school of law of NFSU yesterday, because one of my relatives asked me for advice whether to consider it as one of the options in case her daughter fails to crack CLAT, AILET etc. next year. I had honestly thought it could be an ok enough option if nothing great, considering the funds and attention it has been getting from the central government lately. I had also seen several posts on this forum itself praising the place, though they had mostly been about the forensic sciences department I guess. I know of the law school Dean, who was the director of Nirma University I think. I was going through the faculty profiles of the law school. From what I could see, there are one Associate Professor and five Assistant Professors of Law (there are two more Assistant Professors from Science background and one from English). I did not look into the details of the ad-hoc lecturers and researchers. However, all these six profiles seemed to be distinctly underwhelming to be honest. Three of the Assistant Professors did not seem to be having a single quality publication to their credit, not even a Google Scholar page of their own. These are people with PhD degrees, so they should have had at least a few basic publications as per UGC norms, if nothing else. One of them has got a Google Scholar page, listing a solitary publication from almost a decade back. The last one, though not having an Google Scholar page, has got a publication in an Indian journal that's indexed on Heinonline, so I would think that is of an acceptable quality. However, even then, this is really abysmal reflection of the department, especially when these people do not appear to be having degrees or earlier teaching experiences from very reputed places either to offset this shortcoming. Even the Associate Professor's Google Scholar page reflects only two publications. The question is, with what the university is supposed to be paying by way of salary (I am guessing it is providing 7th CPC scale at least like the NLUs if not more), why are they not being able to attract better quality faculty? There are scores of people with better qualifications and CV who apply to any standard NLU faculty recruitment drive, even Jindal, Symbi and DU. Then why this sorry state of recruitment? The Dean is supposed to know better, she's an experienced admin by now. It was very disappointing TBH. My relative stays in Rajasthan, so she would have preferred Gujarat over other states for location proximity had her daughter failed to make it to the NLUs. However, I think that with this kind of faculty profile, I would recommend her not to opt for this place at this stage at least.
Its basically at the "kaam chalao" stage...as a student i can conform....but what i dont understand is that without even proper infrastructure and skilled manpower in the already established off campuses, they are not at all bothered to improve the quality in these off campuses but opening more and more off campuses year after year...
Faculty can be good teachers, but not necessarily good researchers, or vice versa. VERY rarely would you see someone who's good at both.

The fact that the faculty members you saw didn't have quality publications doesn't necessarily mean the quality of teaching is bad.
True. This concocted story has loopholes. Note that the moderators on this platform will not flag this as trollish.
Which of the factual parts are you contesting? Do you know any NFSU faculty who has contributed anything meaningful in the field of law, any scholarship whatsoever or produced any student with achievements who would vouch for them being good in teaching?
If nobody among your entire faculty group is a good enough researcher to at least have a 2-3 good publications, then your place isn't good enough for decent and ambitious students. Only the students can say for sure whether someone is a good classroom teacher, so till they produce good graduates, that claim cannot be made.
Feel free whatever you like to recommend to your "friend's daughter". But this is a very convoluted way of presenting your views - nice story but you see this platform is full of such trolls.

As far as faculty are concerned, there are good faculty already and the university is in the process of hiring 4 Full Professors and 4 Associate & Assistant Professors, just in the School of Law. In a location like Delhi, attracting good faculty with salary scales of 7th CPC should not be an issue.

https://beta.nfsu.ac.in/data/pdfs/career/NFSU_Teaching_01_2024.pdf

Good luck with your "friend's daughter".
Please name a single good law faculty currently employed by NFSU, who is even little known in the academic circle and has got decent publication and research records.
If I name them, the moderators of this great platform will spare no effort in flagging the post as trollish or contested. They are extra sensitive to posting any good information about NFSU but continue to post on trivial idiotic topics like lawyers' marriages, Thailand trips, Chaat in Delhi and Mumbai, etc.

Also, NFSU itself does not need endorsement on this platform.
The mods never stop people speaking good of others. That fact that you're using such laughable excuses now to skip citing those publications reveals more about the place than any of your PR pieces.
If those new hires are anything like the existing ones, then the place isn't likely to improve any.
"Shouldn't be an issue" - Yet it has been an issue so far, since the place doesn't have any decent teacher of law.
And you are the "authority" to evaluate law faculty and certify them??? We would be honored to take your word.
I can see the research and publication records of any academic and opine whether it is average, better than average or below average. Any person who is educated in the field should be able to do so. Why don't you cite their work and prove me wrong?
It's the same thing that you harbour under in your incessant campaigning for taking NFSU seriously as a law school.
Hmm........illusion (Maya) just like the nonsense that is dished out on this platform about the state NLUs (including NLS). JGLS just outranked all NLUs by a wide margin - NLU bhakts are left to nurse their wounded egos.
What is NFSU? Forensic Science University. Why are you promoting it as law school? This forum should not discuss NFSU as it doesn't discuss NIFT or Hotel Management. They may have set up a law department but that won't make NFSU anywhere close to an NLU.

No wise law aspirant will even consider NFSU option.
Firstly, it is OK if some bloke writes nonsense about NFSU with a long fictitious story, but not OK when I respond.

Secondly, I wonder why several NLUs have research centers and/or departments on forensic science (NUJS, NLUD, MNLU, etc.) and a dozen have signed MOUs with NFSU. Almost every NLU teaches at least one course/subject on forensic science. All these must be really crazy people.

Thirdly, it would be good to know if there's any NLU that teaches fashion design or hotel management in their law curriculum.

So get off your high horse, and just observe this thread quietly. You don't have the mental faculty to understand why NFSU is discussed here.
There's no discussion. You don't have a single response to any of the questions that get aimed at NFSU. Instead, what you act is as a PR mouthpiece of the place.