Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Does ikigai law offer good exit options? How's the work culture and office hours, as compared to T1s?
Could anyone please share insights as to how they select interns. Does applying via the E-mail ID on the website works or it is only through some personal referral or cold mails one can secure an internship.
Yes, IPO, strategic sale, buy back and then drag if no exit is given by the exit date
Short answer- yes they do hire and there are pros and cons but i think its a great place for a young lawyer. Here is an existing thread on this with commentary from both sides of the fence .. https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/194355-ikigai-do-they-hire-freshers
Yes. Lot of ex-associates are at really good places. You work with T1 clients and will easily get lapped up by their own clients lol. If you are working on the some of the good government/policy work that really helps with LLM applications too. Comparing to T1 law firms, work culture is better , office hours are the same! Don't expect to slack :)
I was at Ikigai for a fairly long enough time. I've been at some T1 outfits as well. Anirudh's a good boss, ditto for Nehaa. Sreenidhi too's a great person to work with - saying all from personal experience. I've moved on from the firm to fairly high paying pastures and I'm quite clear in my head that this wouldn't have happened without Ikigai's work scene. Do be clear that it's not a light scene, you will work your ass off, and your back, neck, wrist, head, eyes will hurt. They have demanding clients and work hours are.. exhausting to say the least. But you will come out a better corp lawyer if you stick at it.

Also no, this isn't paid PR/troll etc etc. Lastly, I'm not familiar with anyone anymore at the place personally, but it should be fairly good to work at, if they've not fucked up their work culture by hiring randos from SCAM/Tril/L&L/JSA/AZB.
They fucked up the work culture on their own. No need to slander other firms. It's called hubris.