Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
A part of me dies everytime I see my engineer grad friends from average colleges making 30LPA 2 years PQE, while I'm in my 4th year of lawschool begging people writing cold mails for internships, unpaid. How do I even cope man? It's so over. Why did no one tell me this stream was so shit?
I know right random ass engineers who don’t do shit in their 4 years of college end up getting amazing placements and salaries, is the average of tech industry that good that it surpasses best salaries law could offer.
He was solving mathematical equations on vibration in college, you were getting high and studying jurisprudence.
So you have started assumption 5jn regard enginner being topper in tech pay good and has been consistently being revised as against inflation where in law field primarily if we talk for law firm pay scale of t1 is worst as compared every other counter part like mba grad/ iit/ nit or average engineering colleges. The t1 law firm salary average is 12-14 lpa which was similar in time of 2013-14 now coming to 2023 boom it same not changed very much baring 1-2 law firm. For t2 and t3 firm salary avg package is 5-9 lpa depending on firm
Man no, i cleared jee, dropped an upper NIT for a t1 nlu. I wish someone had told me the truth of law.
So true OP. I know so many school classmates who were not even particularly bright but were smart enough to chose CS in their undergrads, even if they did their undergrads from tier 7 colleges, they ended up getting amazing packages and have excellent wlb. Sigh.
It's a matter of demand and supply. Engineers never go out of demand, not that lawyers do but law is easier to study so you have many graduates and therefore, more supply.
Almost anybody can do law. More than 80% of law colleges are sh*tholes.

I know a few professionals (CA, IT, Structure) who did their LLB but don't mention it on their LinkedIn profile. Even I don't mention.
Yet you still frequent this forum that's meant for lawyers and law students.
That way, anyone can do a BTech degree as well. I know people who had less than 50% in class 12th do engineering from random ass colleges. I am pretty sure that they don't get paid 30LPA. Similarly, people who do law from those random ass colleges usually struggle a lot.
Currently staying with an IITian friend of mine. Dud has 60 LPA package with 3 years PQE and all day keeps playing League of Legends. I thought maybe this is the lean period for him but he told that its usually this chill for him. There are few days when he is also made to slog but thats like a max of 30 days a year. On average he works no more that 4 hours a day.

Goes on 3 workations and what not man someone kill me.
Have a friend, who got 1 week stay in a 5 star hotel, 40k p.m stipend, free meals, laundry allowance and what not, just for a 1 month internship. He hardly used to work 3-4 hours a day during the whole period.
Can't agree more. A private engineering college grad friend earns 28lpa while I for some reason thought it was smart to take two drops for gnlu
A 11-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.