Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
Is this list good? Based on feedback and my observations while interning....

- Phone: Latest iPhone model. A genuine MagSafe case is not not necessary for a new associate. A fake Apple Silicone case will do. If the law firm thinks using pirated goods is a big deal, then a non-branded case. Also, genuine iPhone earbuds are not necessary for freshers. Sony or UBL will do.

- Spectacles (for those who were them): Should be a branded one, as I was asked about my glasses (unbranded ones) by a senior when I was interning. Tommy Hilfiger perhaps?

- Office wear and suits: Desi brands like Raymond, Van Heusen and Allen Solly are acceptable for freshers.

- Watches: The most controversial topic! In my view, Tissot is the basic staring brand, but those one a budget can also wear a cheap FastTrack fitness watch and say that they want to monitor their health.

- Shoes: Hush Puppies formals are ok?

- Deos: CK, Zara will do.
I worked in law firms several years. No one ever noticed my gear. Neither did I bother. Don't think they will notice yours either. Don't waste your time and money.
Tbh get a MacBook too you don't have to buy a pro version even the M1 version is good enough for corporate work. It has good battery life and good screen I'd say a bang for buck.
I would suggest to not spend money on superficial things (unless you really want it). You never know when you want to quit a law firm job and look for something else. Keep some savings to tackle such a situation.
Please tell me Apple PR wrote this because otherwise I'm struggling to believe there are level headed people out there who are interested in the brand of phone cases. Not phone even, just phone cover brand. What stage of late stage capitalism is this?