Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
Female Intern at a T2. Confused as to what to wear in Law firms? I am uncomfortable tucking my shirt in, Is it acceptable to wear it untucked, as I feel it makes me look Bustier especially uncomfortable post lunch? Makes me conscious otherwise, especially with them prying eyes. Is it alright to wear Shirts that look fine untucked? or is it a norm. The thin, petite girls look fine in them, but I don't think so it works well for the others. Also, any suggestions for footwear? I seem to be getting shoe bites at the back with all those heels or ballets rather anything that is closed, because of travel and long walks especially back home. Genuine query here, please help because nothing seems to be comfortable for me.
What if the Buttoned shirt is well fitting and is short in length? honestly, cant breathe with the shirt tucked in
Wear tops with a structured hemline instead of a button down shirt, since the latter may look unkempt when kept untucked. Wear something comfortable while travelling and keep a pair of formal shoes in the office.
hey, i'm a woman and i've worn shirts not tucked in at T2 firms. I got over it eventually, and now wear them tucked in. People do view untucked shirts as unprofessional tbh. That being said, the work you do and the attitude you have matters more
The shoebite thing is so real - I just gave up and started wearing bandaids on the back of my feet where shoebites happened. Everyday before putting on my shoes. And it resolved most of the issue
IKR! I legit started to get scarring until I started opting for Bandaids or the White surgical tapes which i meticulously cut down and paste. IT is a saver, but It doesn't look Good at all.
Untucked will always look bad unless you get a tailored fit. Mix and match till you find something that works for you. Use low ankle socks for footwear, they help.
You could change your shoes just before going home. Only other way is to find shoes that don't bite and make sure you get the exactly correct size.