Read 67 comments as:
Filter By
I agree with the weather part. The people don't seem very welcoming to outsiders and are very conservative from what I experienced.
People are very aggressive and racist towards "outsiders" esp against North and North East Indians. Hate crimes and road rage are at peek against outsiders. Of course not all people are like this.
People are nice, quiet and generally follow the rules. Unlike Delhi, where 50 uncles and aunties will elbow you per day to get what they want or yell at you if they don't. Plus it has a more laid back, non-grind culture than Mumbai
Bruh even the delivery guards here are rude, especially to those not acquainted to the language.
Us bhai... only the weather is good. There is no public transport other than the metro, bad food, and people trying to kill you for being unable to speak Kannada.
This 100%. Even in Madras, the Bus has its route in English AND Tamil. Here most of the buses only show the route in Kannada.
Sir, last mile connectivity and routes are not direct. Either you pay high rent and stay in connected part or you agree to travel 5 km extra taking multiple bus and traffic is horrendous.
Immigrants... Is a word used for people coming to a different country from other countries.. so is Karnataka a different country or is it within India?
Street accessibility issues are common to all Indian cities not just Bangalore
Is this sarcasm? Absolutely no Banglorean will say all this with a straight face
Born and brought up in Mumbai and living here for 40 years. Can't speak Marathi. Never had problems. Even with trains, I would say you just need a month and then you'll be one of them.
unwelcoming people, and food (but ig i'm tuned to north indian food and spicy stuff in general), public transportation, narrow streets, traffic, the ungodly and omnipresent mercury lights and everything just seems too mechanical and weird.
There is a difference in making snide (or may be for them humorous) remarks versus getting beaten up for being an outsider (which happens in Bangalore).
Getting beaten up for being an outsider is pretty common in Mumbai as well. Bangalore, and for that matter, any of the metropolitan cities in India, are far more civilized than Mumbai.
Tu konse mumbai rehke ayaa kholi mae rehta tha kya haven't experienced in mumbai due to not knowing Marathi.
Tera hi intezaar tha. Aaja. Khud ki sheher ki kamiyan ko accept karne mein itni dikkat, ye hui na Mumbaikar waali baat. Tu Sandas Road ka hai na ?
My sympathies but school yard bullying is not representative of the cities culture! No adult is treating another adult like that.
Try living in Delhi without speaking any Hindi and see how you get along.
Well, same thing happened to someone i know in the south, two wrongs don’t make a right. Also, the food down here isn’t spicy in general in comparison, its just a fact.
Bangalore is HELLISH if you don't speak the local language. The entire SYSTEM from gas registration, to autos, to police, to BBMP officials and god forbid if you get caught in a road rage will turn against you the moment they realize you are not a localitie.
Most cities are like this. In Delhi it is impossible to survive the above interactions without Hindi, Chennai without Tamil, Mumbai/Pune without Marathi and so on.
If you don't like it, leave. There are plenty of people who will take your place.
Fffing hate Bangalore. People are too bitchy and love to put their nose in other people's business. Bangalore is not safe for women.
What exactly is so unique about "innovative cafes" like Le Cirque Signature, Rim Naam? Mumbai / Delhi and every other major city in India has a Leela and an Oberoi with an equivalent cafe
A 65-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
A 116-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.