Read 89 comments as:
Filter By
I do not know you, but your comment reeks of sexism.

Please introspect and understand where you are going wrong, this is going to help you heaps in future.

Making unnecessary observations such as these are not going to get you anywhere in life brother. I hope you realize this before its too late.
Maybe I'm going wrong in thinking that your gender doesn't help u up the ladder.Maybr you low-life would have red other threads on legallyindia to have found some sense on my query .
In that case please go ahead and get that surgery done.

You're going to know for sure how much being a "woman" helps you climb up that ladder.

Do also research upon reversal of such surgery coz I'm sure you're gonna want to.

Peace!
as a girl, no, there's no such privilege. If there is any, it's to guys for some partners.

If a partner is giving you stuff cuz ur a beautiful girl, you shouldn't join there anyway, as the intention is not the make them work or teach them the ropes.
cuz you loose your value? you are susceptible to sexual assault?
"lost cause in law" "shooed in" "friend"

she shouldn't be ur friend
Ladki hu, mera bhee nahi ho raha, and I'm pretty qualified as per my PQE. Getting several interviews which go really well and then it just does not work out due to some or the other reason. Bhaag ja jaldi se.
You are simply wrong. I receive 2-3 internship requests every week on LinkedIn. I ask them to mail me which I forward to HR. I put a personal reco line on emails where I find the CV to be actually having some worth and the presentation appears sober. Doesn't matter what the gender of the candidate is.
Your this sentence definitely shows why you weren't shortlisted
I didnt apply there at all lol. All associates at her firm are infact girls , so that kind of shows what goes on there.
Will you care to share your credentials here- college, batch, gpa, publications, moot participations, link to writing samples

I will then be able to you the strengths and weaknesses of your profile
Ok , so here it goes ,

GPA - 8.22/10

Currently Associate at a boutique law firm in General corporate and Banking and Projects Finance.

Internships - Luthra and Luthra, Burgeon Law , Desai and Dewanji , Singhana and Partners (Disputes), HSA Advocates, Juris Corp,Dua Associates,

Publciations - IBC Laws, TaxGuru, Manupatra, ICLRAP Blog, SSRN, IJLHM, IJPIEL, Legal Aid Blog, DNLU, etc.

I can't disclose everything here i'm sorry, its just an overview of my profile.
I don't see any reason for a law firm to not take you unless you screw up your interview badly.
My Batch is 2023, and I have around 5 months of PQE. I can't disclose my college here, but it's not an nlu or a tier-1 private law college.
In any case switching after just 5 months is tough, all lateral openings I have seen ask for at least a year. Maybe if you had just bothered to ask instead of bashing the female law community, it would have been better for you. How do you have 5 months PQE if you're a 2023 graduate?????
I regularly post on LI,so can't disclose my profile here, would be susceptible. But I am confident that I am way more than most others who tend to sit on their merit and have made it their way of life.
Well, help me Then, OP here. working at a boutique law firm . Maybe you can have a look at my CV and consider sopmething?
You literally blew up your chances you had with the PA above. He seemed genuinely interested to help you out.
"Getting less replies probably coz I'm an idiot".

There, fixed that for you.
You literally implied this in the OP. Bhai abh samajh aaya kya ho raha hai, basic comprehensionn improve karle yaha rone se accha.
Wow the amount of men trying to act superior and talented, but begging and crying, when a user with the name PA AT TIER 1 makes a comment. Wah, so fragile and cheap.
Atleast not like chicks who slide into dms of partners day and night just to leverage on their good for nothing profile
Sliding into linkedin dms asking for an internship is way way more formal than literally begging for one on an anonymous site with an anonymous person.

Also girls usually have much better grades and thus a better profile, so get hired on the most.
You don't understand sarcasm do you, that's you girls make for terrible stand up comics anyways.
So now you've generalized all of us for having good for nothing profiles? Yaar yeh kya hai, bhaag ja please. I'm a girl, and everything I've got in terms of success till date has been on merit and I know that. Because I worked my a$$ off. If you think you're that good, and your profile appears decent, maybe instead of crying on here you need to work on your interview and networking skills, that may actually help you, instead of asking an anonymous person to look at your profile. You're basically doing the same thing you accused the entire female law community of doing, albeit publicly. If I did this, you would cry so loudly in the replies.
PA female nikli toh phir natak karega mereko nahi liya etc mereko nahi help kiya mai bechara
Yar men these days are just shit. They were before as well, but atleast weren't broke ass with the gross attitute
So you would be fine with bad men so long as they aren't broke.
if this is what you actually understood then no one can help you
Read all the comments.

its only the men who are sucking up to an anonymous account saying PA MALE AT TIER 1, or making comments on successful women "she slept with the partner" "women are not smart, because most CEOs are men, but let me be blind to the fact that women were repressed actively and silenced in all industries for ages"
I don't even know why I'm entertaining this fool but it's just so baffling that someone can blame their own incompetence on gender?? and then proceed to JUSTIFY. How??
I dont see you commenting this to the men slutshaming women? Bro this is an anonymous forum, those guys are not giving you ▮▮▮, dont force your sexuality upon us.
Not only that, they'll slut shame her saying she only sucks up to her male partner or some shit. Men are so cheap god
Help krta hi kon h for ugly guys, everyone likes a pretty face than than work ethic
Look at the partners of any firm and tell me how many are even fit.
I really have great respect for LI community.

Love how this guy comes in here for sympathy and support but gets bashed left right and centre.

I think the credit also goes to the admin who has managed maintaining the sophistication here.

Kudos!
Someone who asks for support for a ridiculous perspective does not necessarily deserve it.
Sympathy for the wrong reasons* there I fixed it. Maybe also look at how OP talks about women.
no, he comes here for male validation and so are you. Just get a room guys, if you hate girls, dont speak to them, dont date them, date guys.
A 17-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 21-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 4-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 45-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
Not in general, but for opportunists I don't.And this not linkdin anyway that we can get our careers ruined over telling the truth, so not spill some facts here on the anonymous forum instead
Maybe improve yourself and how you treat people (not like objects, to state the obvious) and that will improve your prospects. I have seen many of my guy friends get fantastic and well-deserved opportunities, maybe YOU are looking in the wrong place :)
Srsly, I don't contest about hardworking guys.Girls can get whatever they want , no matter their merit coz yea, who doesn't want their company anyway.
You’re just bitter, do you say this about all the females in your life?
And how many years of experience do you hold to make a statement like this?

As someone said above, you really could use some introspection.
Aww, did a tier 1 firm reject you, so sad, atleast the novelty act is getting paid and making connections with clients! And what about you?

If you have any foresight in business, u wud realise all any client cares about is novelty, that usually determines who becomes partner. Nobody cares about merit sir.

Don't worry, u can join some advocate for peanuts, but sadly even there you're too ugly to be novelty to judges, and while the woman argues, you can prepare her drafts. Then go tell your family that you didn't make partner because of your huge belly and ugly face.
Which adv are u working under Missy? Probably got that through jack as well.
Ladki ko eye candy bolke male validation leta hu ek anonymous site pe cool lagne, padhke toh job ladkiyon ki lagrahi hai
Pdhke ladkion ki job lgti to sare CEOs, Chairmans ladke nhi hote
you literally proved the point. Girls are discriminated actively, and dont have an advantage. they are prevented from achieving higher levels by male colleagues/ husbands/ family members, even if girls are usually toppers and are greater in number at the lower rungs.
U men have to realise it's u guys who r the novelty act, ur just there to put seed, like a male bee, the woman runs the world, ur just a little toy for the corporate world.
If women were allowed legal education as they are now in the 80s, it would be very different. Stop using statistics without the historical contexts
Lol, that's no excuse. The data of last 10 years also doesn't say anything different
Hi, me again and you are wrong again.

Females have really proven their grot in law firms in the last 10 years, and not because of their looks but hard work
bhai last 10 years mein kya khak kardiya. If you dont know about something, dont make troll comments.

in the 90s and early 21st century, women were very actively discriminated and not allowed to pursue careers in such professions, but it was virtually nil in the 80s and 70s, when great giants like Salve and the others had their practice. Ask Zia, she will tell you that she was the only woman in the bar at the time, and maybe Rebecca John.

Judges used to literally tell women lawyers to call their husbands for hearings (Zia interview). Young women were never preferred by clients. RJ and Zia are highly privileged and come from rich backgrounds and therefore had the connects. Imagine the numerous numerous other women, who were discouraged and discounted at every step. Why not ask your mother?

I mean its not really that good even today, but now women recognise how fragile and cheap men are, and only put a farce of strength and masculinity and talent, when a woman can also do the work in half the time. Women now know that the "bro club" isn't some exclusive elite club, but only men who are safeguarding the top money positions for themselves. Well efficiency won, and more and more women are becoming CEOs, and very successful ones, turning flop companies around.

Conclusion- Learnings for you sir.

1. Just because it is an anonymous site, dont write trollish shit. Please research the history and women repression throughout decades and then look at statistics. For example-

Women not allowed to practice due to - childbirth/ husband/ judges/ bro culture/ ego--- Very few women top lawyers

Women not allowed to even entry levels in the 70s in industries, during the boom--- not many woman CEOs (which take that much time)

Women not passed down generational wealth/ property/ business like men--- women not inheriting businesses and becoming the adanis and Ambanis of the age.

I want you to read the following link too, to understand that while business works on credit and leverage- https://www.forbes.com/advisor/credit-cards/when-could-women-get-credit-cards/- AS LATE AS 1974, this was the time huge business men took large loans and made big business, and women weren't allowed a credit card???!!!, will you still say "no excuse" when it was the LAW TO PREVENT WOMEN?

2. I understand you want male validation from your fragile and egoistic bros to survive in this patriarchal world of capitalism that is teaching the men to sideline women only to their own detriment and failure of men themselves (middle class men). For ex. abortion banned- women forced to keep baby even in bad economic conditions- men have to pay child support compulsorily- take loans- debt debt debt. But I want you to look at your mom and talk to her once, and understand her perspective.

I want you to recognise that the statistics like "90% CEO's are men" are multidimensional, there is a dark story behind it, of oppression, of sexual assault, of oppressive laws, of rich men trampling women around them because only women can see the reality behind these fragile men and also point it out. Ofcourse the establishment wants men to avoid women so they there isn't anyone to tell them that the capitalistic world is there to squeeze all their rights. Trust me, women can see right through it.

It's like saying, "UK is more successful than India" while ignoring the history of India itself. Please introspect. Im not asking you to become a feminist nor do I care, but want you to recognise this.
Man whoever wrote that huge ass para, I feel sorry for you mate. You did a scoot of a reply.
Aren't you the guys who want women to be traditional at home. Then you want to shame them for not working for 40 years and becoming managing partners/ CEOs?? and if someone does become, you say its by sleeping with a senior?

Can you read my reasoning and understand your fallacy?
id want my wife to work like I do so idk what are saying. Ya but if my wife desire's to be a voluntary housewife, I cant help that.
A 7-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
read the comment below. the rich, privileged guys are at the top because they were given access to, they were allowed to, women weren't, only recently is some access given. also I can bet on your head that you wouldn't even reach 1 tenth of what the "guys at top positions" or Zia mody and others are. Heck, you wouldn't even be allowed to speak to them because of your fallacious logic and fragility
A 5-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 48-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.