Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
While each college has fair share of pros and cons, we only see nujs students bashing their college on legally india and other platforms. Students of colleges like nalsar share almost nothing on legally india. Nlsiu and nlud also maintain a fair share of secrecy in terms college's internal matters? Is there a possible reason for the same?
I think it's because historically, NLS, NALSAR and NLUD have had smaller batch sizes (around 80 for most graduate batches so far). NUJS has had more - around 120 with all the NRI seats and stuff. I know it may not seem like a big difference but those extra 50% people may be enough to keep trolling in the comments sections.
lol nls abh toh barbaad hogya hai there are literally more than 120 students in their batch
Noojie here, I'll answer your query.

Lately, you must've seen plenty of posts on NUJS. It's not that we did not try to resolve these matters internally, but almost every attempt led in a complete failure. It escalated so much that we witnessed our first mass protests on campus post Covid. Only after that, some grievances were amicably resolved.

Another reason behind more publicity is probably how the admin itself tried to suppress our freedom of speech. When the Bsc LLB course was introduced (with no consultation with rest of the GB or anyone), a student from 4th year circulated a document stating why people should enrolling. Nothing in the document was defamatory in any matter, and did not degrade anyone outright. It mostly mentioned the excessive high fees, poor placement prospective for the new batch and lack of space on the main campus. Yet, the VC was so offended with the move that he publicly show-caused the student for merely expressing his own opinion in his individual capacity. He has become completely intolerant to any form of criticism, which is the reason why more and more students are resorting to anonymous platforms like Legally India to vent out their concerns. NUJS has always prided itself for having a liberal and open-minded atmosphere; but the recent acts by the admin completely goes against the ethos of the university. I agree that "academic rigor" should not be compromised, but none of the admin's new moves would help to bolster it in any manner.

P.S: If someone from the college administration / pro-admin people is reading this, take a deep breath before you are offended once again. Sending more show-cause notices to students would not help to contain spread of college gossip on public forums, but do the EXACT OPPOSITE. Instead, have constructive talks with the GB and at least try to understand our issues.

Signing off, have a good day.
I am not sure what kind of law you study. In the real world, there is nothing called "individual capacity". Either you speak or you don't. In both cases, you face the consequences. Don't your teachers teach you this?
What issues you have? Want complete freedom without any accountability and rigor? You're studying in a university. It's a place to study and considered temple of learning.
Because NUJS actually instills freedom and independence within the students. If they disagree with even the VC, then they can say so right in his face. Students from no other NLU enjoys that kind of leeway, be it for better or worse.
because nujs students have always been empowered to think independently, unlike their counterparts at other unis
One word: politics. Two words rather: dirty politics. All wannabe netas in the making.
Coz NUJS is notoriously secretive within college, no one will speak about these topics publicly, it is always discussed within secretive groups, like some people in class have no clue whats going on, and here they can vent in public without discussing it in public, i will actually really respect the person who speaks about this in public in the college
NUJS online fights started post 2011, then rose post 2014, then sharply spiked post 2016. Post 2011 we saw the rise of Mamata. Post 2014 we saw the rise of Modi. Post 2016 we saw the rise of Trump. The last one was the worst in terms of online arguments. Liberals became toxic wokes and conservatives became toxic reactionaries. The middle ground disappeared, as did Gen Y (which was more restrained than Gen Z).

So it’s all politics at the end of the day, coupled with the attitude of Gen Z. NUJS is merely a symptom not the disease. And it’s happening elsewhere too. Look at GNLU.
A 15-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
At least it allows them to become intelligent and educated. As opposed to someone who is all about being "the insecure".