Read 46 comments as:
Filter By
Hello guys I have my internship landed up with TT&A in a few months.

Can anyone shed light how is the firm, internship experience and chances of securing ppo?
They only give PPOs to NUJS students. If you are from NUJS then try and work as hard as possible and you may secure a PPO. If you are from some other place then treat it like an usual internship and save your energy for the next one!
I have also seen some other law school kids working there. I know there are many NUJS but they are not forming any majority either.
Matlab kuch bhi. I have interned at TTA and people from other unis also get PPO.
If you're interning at the Bombay office, anticipate a great experience with a vibrant culture and supportive colleagues that will provide you with ample learning opportunities. Conversely, if you're interning at the Delhi office, expect a similar environment to what you might find at AZB, with a slight reduction in intensity, around 1% or 2% less.
I interned with the Competition team in the Delhi office. There were two โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ. One was lovely to work with. Very polite, gave clear instructions & always provided feedback (DD). The other guy used to yell at me almost every day. Expected me to know all the nuances of competition law on day 1 as a third year and would scold me for things that werenโ€™t my fault. โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ. Mentorship and training is important if you canโ€™t do that Atleast donโ€™t be rude. The whole office saw him scream at me once and he had to apologise because I am a female.
Why did they even take a third year, wo bhi in comp law. How did you get it gurl
I know exactly what you are talking about. The โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ guy is an โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ now while the polite guy is still as good as ever. I interned at the Delhi office before and after the expansion and the difference was clear as night and day. The culture there has definitely deteriorated even if the business there has increased substantially.
The counsel was nice. The partner was lovely. The associates were very sweet and tried to clarify as many doubts as possible. โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ
Naah woman, the entire competition team at TTA is great without any exception. I have recently interned with them and my experience was fantastic. Work was mostly research oriented but every person on the team is very approachable and would take out the time to answer any questions you may have. Plus, I even got to work directly with one of the new partners on the team, which was a fantastic experience. The only downside is that they're a small team and hire only when needed.
Getting a PPO is difficult at the Mumbai office because they don't hire much. Perform well with no expectations because even if you're exceptionally well they're tear you down. Try to avoid work from the top management, they'll be quick to point out your mistakes and they'll grill you on it. If you don't find any information on the research provided then straight away tell that to them, they have strict deadlines and you might slow them down which in turn would affect your performance (happened to me). They don't expect you to stay late unless there's some urgent work. The tasks given are mainly research and clerical. A lot of clerical work especially if you're in the banking or cap mark team, you don't learn anything in it, it's just a monotonous job.

Personal opinion - I've worked at better places and TTA is unnecessarily hyped.
Please name these "better places". Ive literally never heard a firm that has a better culture than TTA
These better places are Trilegal, S&R, CAM and Khaitan. The culture is okayish, there's nothing so great about it, if you're there for the luxury then it's obviously good because they have a good office and you also get to go early. I don't prefer that. It's like wasting my time and energy, I've better things to do and nothing is coming out of the Internship.

Interns these days have 1000 of internships on their cv which add very little value. The amount of internships you do are not helpful in the long run, what matters at the end of the day is how much you've learnt, what you've gained (ppo
I interned in the Bombay team. Had a pleasant experience. Everyone is polite. Interns are rarely expected to work after 6pm. Some associates are difficult but most are not. They tend to give out 2-4 PPOs a year. Pretty much the only way they hire.
Have they been doing any M&A, General Corporate work? (Havenโ€™t seen much coverage etc about the same tbh)

If yes, which Partners at the Mumbai/ Delhi office do this, what are the reviews about their teams?
Itโ€™s become extremely toxic, terrible culture avoid at all costs.
How so? Would be helpful for other women who are applying to intern..??
Can you please elaborate (as discreetly as possible without taking names or making it obvious)? Otherwise, all this seems to be disingenuous.
I'm convinced TT&A don't even open applications. I got rejection email in 6 minutes after sending my application. The email said "We have reviewed your application and we regret to inform you we're unable to make you an offer at the moment". I'm pretty sure my CV was not even opened!
Someone needs more than 5 minutes to read your CV? What do you write inside, your dear diary?
They aren't replying to me it's been 1 month since their acknowledgement mail
What hint do I take? Are slots full? Application not good enough? They took the effort to revert to me once saying they will take some time, so I am under the assumption they will send me a decision. Even if they don't... What do I do, wait for some time and send them a fresh application? Send an application with my updated Cv given that I had sent my CV 2 months ago? Or do I request dor future months?
That is not true. Every internship application is circulated internally. After that it's the partners who have to decide if the applicant is good enough or not. The reason you got an email rejection quickly is cause you applied for a month where no slots were left. So try applying again for a later month.
A 43-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 26-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.