Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
Just check past couple of month’s ipo/debt/qip prospectus and see how many have crawford. You’ll get some idea
I think he wants to know about the salary and work culture rather than mindless drafting of drhps
not worth it. The only decent boutique CM practice in Mumbai with great deals in size and volume is Rajani. Simply avoid Crawford, MV Kini and the likes of others.
Hey I had an internship lined at rajani and crawford.

Why does rajani pay low then, if sl is such a high rainmaker.
They have survived the market only on the basis of cost cutting. If they charge less for mandates and do bulk deals then ofcourse, money is going to freeze at the top (SL) and fail to trickle down to the A0 level. Your learning curve will be very steep though!
aur mujhe internship. Really wanna see Yashs team once. btw I've interned at Indus, S&R, SAM, B&P and few other firms in the CM teams. But my rank is in the like 30-40s. T1 law school. The HR rejected me like 15 times. And gosh she's rude
who are you bro/sis? I am inspired & look forward to connect with you!
Crawford is great if you do not judge them solely by the IPO mandates; they are regularly advising on offer of sales and pre-IPO structuring which is way different from Rajani (which is a hardcore IPO boutique). Also, the entire AZB (Mumbai CM) team is a CrawfordB breakaway so on what basis can it be frowned upon is something I dont understand. Lastly, I think Rajani followed by Crawford, SNG, Bharucha and Kanga is the correct order in the small size mandate segments unlike S/CAM, Indus, Khaitan and S&R deals. Therefore:

Tier 1 - CAM, SAM, IndusLaw, Khaitan, S&R

Tier 2 - Trilegal, JSA, AZB, L&L, Saraf

Tier 3 - Rajani, CrawfordB, SNG, Bharucha, Kanga
3legal is probably tier 3.

Companies you have never heard of- their IPO will be done by Bhakta or Thomas or Brajendu's team (eg: Aether Industries).

Occasionaly Richa's team will pick up something like Sula Vineyards.

They are not pulling much business anyway. Avoid.
True, Trilegal and AZB barely have any work. They are doing a few in the current IPO rush, but as the markets recede in the late 2024s, there will be huge meltdowns.
TL capmarks is not respected among the big boys i.e. Indus, S/CAM, KCO, S&R anyways.
Thanks for pointing SNG out, they are such a heavy hitter in the DCM space - all their deals have been such high value NCD issuances for sophisticated clients this past 2-3 months. Kuch jugaaad lagado yaar udhar internship position ke liye!!!
Bro I am from NALSAR and SNG rejected my application for the B&F/DCM team in Mumbai. Its insane but a super reserved firm.
Crawford Capmarks (AO pay) is more or less at par with T1 pay; had a friend transition to KCO who told me about the crazy exit opportunities after 1 year with CB. Also look up the AZB, Bom partner pool - they are all Crawford exits.