Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
The student should respond screw you and walk away and file a complaint with the Minorities Commission. No junior owes anything to the seniors other than basic courtesy. Rest has to be earned.
The last part is so exactly identical to what my teacher recently said to me as a first year student, that it gave me goosebumps. Could it be you, Sir?
No, but I am hardly the only person or even part of a minority to hold such opinion. Seems like you have got a sensible teacher, kid. Use his advice well. I have had excellent relationship with my seniors and juniors alike throughout law school and beyond without ever having to indulge in such toxicity. Hope you will too.
But when you are from a traditionally oppressed caste. It becomes harder to speak up, you become numb and dazed in the face of such violence.

We don't have the social capital to back up such bravado from childhood. So it's harder to speak up.

Got bullied in the playground? Your parents may not be able to help coz they themselves might get bullied.. you grow up with that conditioning. But rest assured, times are changing these perpetrators will be found and punished. Today or tomorrow or day after.
Impose atrocities act on them, they deserve it. What caste does perperator belong to !? OBC or UC!?
A grp of so called Bindu Bight wing verbally assaulted a backward area kid
Why are you bringing the right wing into this without evidence? Remember that the recent death of a fresher at Jadavpur University was caused by members of a left-wing student union. Also, remember that there have been incidents of Jats (a traditionally pro-Congress/INLD/RLD caste) and Yadavs (a traditionally pro-Samajwadi/RJD case) carrying out atrocities against Yadavs.

So let's await further details, please. Then we will know if right-wing or left-wing students did this.
No. The accused students in the JU incident certainly didn't belong to any left wing union. If you have read that in media reports, those were fake news. I am a localite and can vouch for that. Not that it makes the incident any less tragic, or that LW students don't bully or rag juniors.
Dude, DSF is NOT left-wing. You clearly show that you have got no understanding of student politics in Bengal. And yes, I do know more than MSM in this regard, who are just paid stooges these days catering to different ulterior motives. I have actually been part of the institutes where they operate. DSF and IC have both been independent bodies since decades now. They have affiliation to neither the CPI nor CPI(M), the usual leftist political groups. SFI is the only student union in JU who are leftist in the true sense and have such affiliation and they have been vocal against this incident from day one.
Even if that's true, there is a difference. RWs rag others for ideological reasons like caste, community, religion etc. LWs don't rag you based you on your knowledge of Marxist literature or lack thereof. Of course, anyone who rags is a scum regardless of ideology.
Find a job for yourself before dreaming of giving employment to others, unemployed LI commenter
There is always something worse that we get to know about GNLU Batches
A 4-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 21-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.