Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
It has been around 5 years since I joined the profession. Currently I'm working at a mid-tier law firm which pays me around 24 LPA including the bonus component. My team isn't toxic and partner is a very kind person who passes on his experience and knowledge. I usually get free by 8:30 (starts around 10:30) and in a city like Mumbai it takes me around 45 mins to reach home. At times, even the Saturdays are off.

I am wondering if I'll move to a Tier 1 firm, what could be my salary expectations and work timings?
You will get 50L I think but will have no expectation of work-life balance okay
Which mid tier firm pays 24 LPA to freshers? Maine phir nlu jodhpur seh apna degree kiya kyu?
NLU Jodhpur mai padhna bhi sikh leta thoda. Usne clearly 5 years of experience likha hai.
Which Practice Area?

Gen Corp - then NO. Your life is kind of decent. Most gen corp teams leave office at 8.30. But work after reaching home. So you being completely free is good.
Bro which firm. I will happily apply there. Tier 1 Law firms - expectation is to be available for work till 9pm. Usually days finish at around 11pm - 1 am, if it’s bad, then 4-5am.

You might find a good partner / team, but hours won’t change. The flexibility and peace of mind you have - won’t be compensated by big firm money. Unless you really want the extra money or really want to have that Tier 1 badge, don’t apply because then you’ll have to forget you have a life.
Leaving your current work situation and joining a Tier 1 is like joining a suicide mission.You have a life and good retainer, why do you want to throw it away for a Tier 1firms stupid tag which is worth nothing but will destroy your life?Anyone in Tier 1 will trade places with you within a second.There are lawyers leaving Tier 1 so that they can have time to breathe.
Brother please do not leave your life of peace. I'm making good money in a tier 1 as an associate but I'm slaving through the day and the night, and that with a fairly decent team