Read 42 comments as:
Filter By
1. Because Goldman is elite and hires only from the best colleges.

2. Because NLSIU grads are the cream of talent.

3. Old boys club.
There are plenty of people from other NLUs currently working in GS. Just that they don't consider the place to be anything else other than a good employer and not some hallowed ground to brag about.
Oh ofc a remote Nujs grad from a college which barely sent one or two people where NLS sent so many. This is how you compare? And a genuine question - what’s up with Nujs comparing itself with NLS nowadays ?
You asked for a name, I happened to know someone, hence responded. I don't even know what you meant by a 'remote NUJS grad', you should probably improve your writing skills. You are the one who seems to be hell-bent on comparison. I am not even from NUJS, so have got no dog in this juvenile fight. I didn't ask you to provide a list of the NLSIU graduates currently working there, did I? Only immature people like you create issues out of such non-issues.
Another genuine question: What's up with the NLS trolls and their continuing display of misplaced arrogance? Dude, you are just piggybacking on legacy achievements, you are no longer anything special compared to the students of other NLUs. You have domicile reservation and a huge batch size, you have not won a major student competition like a moot in ages, you no longer even get the majority of LLM scholarships, and you can't get even 30% of your batch placed, so much so that you have stopped publishing placement data for years now. And don't start with the same old false slogan about your grads not seeking placements, they keep on interning at those same places throughout the year. All you do these days is bask in the glory of legacy achievements of old alum and this kind of stupid post about how you 'apparently' have a honeymoon phase with a single recruiter. Has GS hired anyone from your campus in the last 5 years? Give it a rest with your superiority complex now, it's getting to be sad and comical at the same time.
Finally, someone who has said it as it is. NLS is hardly what it once was.
This isn’t some hallowed ground. You can check data and stats. Your β€˜other’ colleges don’t include much of other national law schools or grads from DU. It’s between IIT and NLS
How's it between IIT and NLSIU? The job profiles are completely different.
There is no comparison. NLS people are insecure and think they’re as good as IITians. They’re really not.
Nope. They are as good. It’s your own bias of championing tech. First fix that. And don’t unnecessarily hate on nlsiu like that’s noojie anove
Only they themselves think of themselves as equally good. Nobody else does. Lawyers at GS get paid a lot less than the managers and engineers.
Lol, kid, if I sat for the CLAT tomorrow, I’d get into NLS with my eyes closed. It’s not that easy to get into even the lowest IIT through the JEE. It’s not a tech bias, it’s a fact.
Please try to get it first and then flex. As of now, you're an anon troll.
Absolutely , now some crying tech grads will come here and rant about nlsiu
1. Not true by any stretch. Goldman hires from anywhere, including Tier 3-4 places like Christ. GS is nowhere near the elite among the banking giants - that's the PE/hedge fund scene.

2. As a Law Schoolite, this couldn't be further from the truth. NLS has a lot of talent, so do other NLUs/GLCs. Perhaps, average quality of any graduating class at NLS may be ahead of others, but no question of some monopoly on cream of the talent.

3. This is true - but the NLS alumni at GS are not the high performers from their respective batches, so its probably more of a support system than anything else.
You already contradicted yourself. If the average batch remains ahead - then there infact is monopoly!
After rechecking , it’s even a better understandable choice of my word :)
Monopoly means only your grads get hired by GS of all law schools. That's clearly false, as has been proven in this thread. Please recheck your logic too while you are at it.
Average quality of no graduating class of NLS is ahead of any other place like NALSAR, NUJS, NLUD etc. any more.
Everytime someone from NLS feels that their heads are inflating way too much like this, they should refer to this gem of an LI thread:

https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/170765-quantifying-the-greatness-of-nls#comment-225772
Oh, this was gold! I had not laughed like this for a long time. Thank you for sharing!

@R: Any way that thread can be made sticky?
There's no capacity for sticky threads at the moment - if a new post is made in an old post, it bumps to the top. Not sure how stickyness would work: would a post then stay pinned at the top forever, even over older posts?
It's already, we can already feel your burn. As for placement problems, NLSIU has been facing it, not NUJS. That's why NLSIU has stopped disclosing placement stats for years now. As for NALSAR, they aren't the ones getting thrashed in court for holding half-baked entrance tests at the last moment, swindling the aspirants of half the money after the test got cancelled, or charging money for virtual convo. All of that is happening at NLS only. So learn to laugh at yourself, since everyone else is already doing so.
Erm...GS does not hire from the Nagarbhavi campus. Mostly lateral hires, as you would know if you are a senior student or alum from Law School. Please keep your exuberance in check.
Who told you that? Are you in GS’s HR team. Keep your half baked facts to yourself
No, I am just aware of the industry practice, unlike you. Please name the people who have been recruited from Law School campus in the last 3 if not 5 years by GS and at what package, if you wish to counter.
Can I do a ba llb and join Goldman Sachs? Do they take lawyers? What is the pay?
They rarely take freshers, but you don't need to get any additional degree, just work ex.
The NLS guys negotiate rhe same contracts as the non NLS (or NLU) guys do. They make the same submissions. Surely, if one were to do a benchmark study, you realise that you dint get all that much extra from an NLS grad? Sure in the initial years, perhaps they are better prepared to proof and do some research. In this day and age, it becomes
A 40-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 29-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 23-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 74-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.