Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
Where do the Partners at CAM/SAM/Trilegal/KCO/AZB buy their homes in Bombay? Till SA/PA, they all tend to rent around the Parel area. But I don't think they buy their flats there. Of course, I am referring to the professional classes (not the old city moneyed class Partners) from NLUs/colleges outside the city.
Can any T1 partner even afford to live anywhere beyond Khar or Santacruz (afford in terms of time and energy) ? To answer your question most buy in Dadar, Mahim, Prabhadevi, Bandra, and Khar.
that's impressive considering they begin at 4 cr just for the purchase? Is it really worth it tho? Why not somewhere further away and purchase a bigger house and a much richer lifestyle
Top equity partners have bought houses at Cuffe Parade, Malabar Hills and Neapensea Road.

Prabhadevi, Worli, Parel and Lower Parel is where Junior partners buy their houses.

Top performing PAs buy houses at Wadala/Chembur.
I bought a couple of flats in Nalasopara from fees I have received in cash. I get rental income from there.
Tangent: Where do the Partners at CAM/SAM/Trilegal/KCO/AZB buy their homes in Bangalore?
Doesn't matter.All these partners land up in hell.They treat human beings like ants and there is this depraved culture of some sort of hero worshipping the Tier1 partners when they are money sucking scoundrels who will compromise the judicial and legal process at every stage based on "contacts" and "fixing" with their regulators, judges,Counsels," Consultants" etc.
I am T-1 Partner at a big law firm. Since I wanted to stay ahead of the curve, I bought a flat in Virar and have staying there only.