Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
I got admitted to a tier 1 nlu but as DU is in my homestate im thinking about switching. I aim for judiciary and not so much about corp placements. I care about the quality of education and faculty. Shall i apply for DU 5 yr started this year or not?
Don’t do it. The tier-1 nlu is still a far better option. DU might have the locational advantage but these nlus have been there for quite a while now. Also you can prep for judiciary from anywhere.
I am also from delhi, studying in one of the universities mentioned above. In my opinion, staying outside your comfort zone (delhi) would give you an unparalleled sense of responsibility and accountability. Plus, you get to explore another part of the country if that's your thing. For the 5 year course, these three are much better names than DU as of now. Hence, look beyond just the placement aspect as your opinion is also not rigid and likely to change as you explore various areas of laws. However, if you're very sure of judiciary - staying in Delhi will give you better access to coaching.
Ofc , people are leaving Nujs it seems. Such a poor state of affairs
People drop out of NLSIU too, as well as IITs. Doesn't matter who leaves, what matters is who stays behind and how the university helps them becoming best versions of themselves.
Agar career suicide karna hai toh kar lo! T1 NLUs are irrespective of your career goals. DU mein ek rule nahi follow hota hai.. people just attend exams and nothing else. Very little scope of classroom learning
The three NLUs you’ve mentioned are tier 1.5 NLUs. Not tier 1 except maybe for corporate placement opportunities.
don't believe the tier 1.5 NLU theory, all top 6-7 NLUs will afford you similar opportunities - it is up to you what you make of them.
I used to think that too. But there are opportunities at places like NLS, NLUD and NALSAR, and to some extent, even at NUJS, for various other co-curricular activities that are simply lacking at the tier 1.5s, like research, for instance. You literally had the MEA and MHA reach out to NLUD for the UPR and Criminal Reforms draft and students get to partake in that. GNLU is improving on this aspect thanks to more funding and NLUJ has a good journal culture, but NLIU doesn’t come even close to providing such opportunities.

The point is that the tier-1 NLUs have other opportunities that these tier 1.5s simply don’t.
A 17-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.