Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
Hi,

I am a second year student at GLC. I am absolutely astonished with the number of firms, chambers and companies that are taking interns from the college throughout the year! Its crazy. Everyday we are getting multiple notifications of internship opportunities from the placement cell. My point being that aspiring law students should absolutely consider GLC over T2 NLUs. If we take a pragmatic approach all of our ultimate goal is to get a good job and I believe GLC will at-least get you in the right places. You just need to be able to use the hundreds of various opportunities presented by the college. Plus the ROI is also much much better as compared to any other law school, since the college is heavily subsidised by the government. So even if you are unable to find a job with a few months of graduation, there is no looming threat of upcoming loan repayments.
It's high time GLC RCC should start releasing some sort of statistics on internships, placements, ppos. As someone in the RCC, the count is excellent and the RCC is overworked throughout the year. Many NLUs post 3-4 placement updates on LinkedIn but GLC RCC has never updates the number of placements even they exceed 15+ on day zeros. It deserves some recognition idk why the RCC is missing out on this opportunity to market itself.
RCC doesn't need to publish these stats. They are published on our private group of which every student alumni is a member of. GLC has always remained Low Key, no glitter, no shine, a crude old building and it has not faced any trouble getting students placed. The need to publicize is for new and emerging firms to notice, which always happens anyways because of the sheer quantity of GLC graduates. Each and every legal or law related role will have atleast one GLC Grad. Besides it is not the college's achievement, it is of our hardworking seniors and ofcourse PlaceCom. The college management just leaves all of us to fend for ourselves. We are doing okay, sailing smoothly, don't really feel any need for glamour.
It needs to publish. I never said it's a colleges achivement. It will publish it under its own name. The only reason I'm saying this should be done is to reduce the anxiety or uncertainty kids have while choosing glc. Some might even choose a lower nlu thinking GLC has no placements and regret their entire life.

Moreover it is to shut other NLUs up who have 3 threads a day comparing mediocre placements whilst shitting on GLC.
Bhai mere, kuch toh log kahenge, logo ka kaam hai kehena. You know whats the deal, don't get demotivated by comments from LI amd always take them with a grain of salt
GLC can be the equivalent of go big or go home. By not carving out a path for students, it hands a shovel to carve your own path. Albeit the handle (administration) can be rugged.
GLC student here, regret it everyday. Most of these internships you're talking about are with lawyers and typical mumbai vada pav boutique firms. You can get these internships even without a placement committee. If anything, the committee just imposes unnecessary restrictions. On top of that 85% reservation and govt subsidies bring the worst of the worst crowd here. Symbiosis Pune wouldve been a better choice. Higher fees, better crowd.
Hey man, I am sorry that GLC is not working out for you. But you have to make the best out of it. As far as the crowd is concerned, I don't think the crowd is bad. Toxic yes, but very posh, so many people live in South Mumbai. You just need to find the right crowd. If you try you can find your fit, right from people in the most unknown villages of Maharashtra to people from South Bombay, Delhi, Banglore. You will find the most left leaning crowd and the most right leaning. Infact the top administration includes people from both the Left and the Right. If you are a junior I'd suggest attending college events, fests so that you get to meet your batchmates. You can't just hope for things to happen. The point other person made about GLC handling you a shovel and you ought to crave your own path.
principled response, i respect it, even agree with it but i do believe GLC is severely overrated, a lot of it has to do with the absence of any other renowned law school in mumbai.
GLC is very underrated, because people outside Maharashtra don't pay much heed to it because of the reservation. GLC can prove to be a great choice after the top 7 or 8 NLUs for Maharashtra Students. And regarding renowned law schools, Mumbai has an NLU, and more than 50 government and private law colleges. GLC is "the renowned law school in Mumbai" because its reputation in Mumbai and the quality of lawyers it makes be it in Litigation or Corporate.
Trust me, no. You don't know enough people yet if you think most of the internships are with Vada pav boutiques. In 4th year close to 20-30 kids were interning in tier one firms. A few exceptional kids were interning with the same tier one throughout the 3rd and fourth year continuously.

Crowd is irrelevant because there is hardly any college life. In GLC there is no one to blame, failure to land a job is completely ones fault. And trust me not landing a job after spending so much in sls feels more terrible compared to GLC.

Slsp is a great college but it isn't as rosy as you think and GLC isn't as bad as you think.
dude, im in the same college. i receive the same internship notices you do. in a year, there are, at most, 10 notices from tier 1s. how is the placement committee putting 20-30 people in tier 1s in that case lol.
Hahaha are you sure? Many of these notices end up getting abandoned by the recruiter themselves btw.
Very sure. Ex RCC Member. 30 people per year seems very accurate. Its not just internships. You ought to count the paralegals articled clerks, long term interns, call backs and assessment interns.
I never said the placement committee is putting. You're disconnected from the top of your batch if you think the placecom is to be relied on by the best students. The smartest kids almost half of them don't apply through placecom because you can't pick your team, alot of kids have been interning on their own since first two years and then tier ones from 3rd.

Placecom is for the rest of the kids who fail in landing a ppo. Kids who get internships through placecom don't have any work ex as the hrs rely only on marks and other bs criteria and 90% of these kids suck at their job don't get call backs and ppo and end up doing free labour for 1-2 months at various tier ones.

The smart ones don't even care about the placecom, they have been interning with tier ones since the 2-3rd year it self and have enough contacts (associates, friends etc) to apply on their own in their preferred team.

I have been interning for 2 years now and I have ppo interview scheduled with a tier one for next month and have never even applied once in rcc
1 notice does not equal 1 person. you spent your first three years playing valo and clubbing and you're blaming GLC for not getting a job 🤡
i dont know what valo is and yes, i will club every weekend, im still doing pretty okay career-wise. you sound like a true GLC student.
Well GLC and NLU's are extremely different. GLC is a namesake college zero attendance requirements and no campus life. Almost 4/5 years you can intern.

NLU's are more like a full on 5 years of campus life like you have in IITs/Western countries. Here you have to study almost 4/5 years.

Question is do you want to have a campus life or just want to start interning from first year.