Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
This is a cautionary tale for all the students who are thinking to apply for LKS indirect tax assessment internship. DONT!!!

LKS has a practice of getting cheap labour by hiring non NLU grads (either graduated/ or in last sem) as assessment interns and making them work like an associate. This is cheap way to get their work done by paying a stipend of 20k which is way lesser than salary of an A0.

I personally know 5 people who did assessment internship at LKS after graduation (from non NLU colleges) who thought this is their best shot to get into a T1. At the end of their internships they were told there are no vacancies. This is blatant exploitation of students. They only hire nlu grads through day 0 and dont roll out ppos even after 6 months internship. All the previous assessment interns wasted 6 7 months after graduation and 2 of them are still struggling for job.

They are rn hiring an assessment intern for their Indirect tax team. Anyone who is thinking to apply please take an informed decision. This place has ▮▮▮ no prospects of retainership.
Yep. As an ex intern I can vouch for the veracity of the above statement. Lks offers ppo to nlu grads after 1 or 2 one month summer/ winter internships and then tell the non nlu long term interns that they dont have any vacancy

There is a lot of discrimination by the HR there between nlu and non nlu grads, but the associates never discriminate and generally good (atleast delhi office ones are)
one of the partners told my friend who was interning there for 6 months that jinta accha kaam krlo, vancay nahi ha yaha.
Final year T2 nlu student planning to join their long term internship after graduation. Any suggestions? Will they hire me?
If ur lucky and are able to wash off the clg tag somehow then yes.
It's now happening with T2/T3 NLU students as well. Many firms are engaged in such tactics.
Its not a tactic. Think of it as similar to shopping for clothes. Just because you tried it on doesn't mean you have to buy it if it doesn't fit well or you don't like it.
Do you wear clothes for 8 months in the trial room and then decide you don't want them anymore?
In this metaphor - doing the 8 month assessment internship is the trying on of the clothes.
This is done even to NLU students. 4 of my seniors fell for this long term internship trap at LKS and worked day and night under the fear of assessment. They were told that no vacancy was there to accommodate them.

It is an unethical way for them to get cheap labour but hey, the people getting trapped are anyways the ones who may not have any other opportunity so something is better than nothing at the end of the day for them too.
First of all, these are not assessment internships. While offering these long term internships, it is very clearly communicated in writing that there is no commitment to get this converted to a permanent placement. Interns join to gain experience and those who outperform others get placed based on available vacancies, if any. I also did long term internship and could not get placed which is absolutely fine. At least Lns is providing this opportunity.
I'm from ▮▮▮▮▮▮ and I got a PPO recently. I would advise you ▮▮▮ keep your expectations clear with the Partner. The firm never promises a job opportunity to the people interning long term. It depends strictly on the vacancy and performance. I also see non-NLU students being considered for a PPO ▮▮▮ ▮▮▮ this year. So, speak up about your expectations with your Partner to get a clue of your situation. Stop thinking that you will be automatically retained after 6 months of internship.
A 85-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
FYI My friend who was chucked was in constant touch with eh partner for 6 months, but she only kept her in the dark. And another friend was ousted right before her PPO interview as someone with a reference had joined two days ago. tsk tsk tsk.