Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
Link Legal is not allotting any work to me. I started to intern with them almost two weeks back and haven't been assigned a single task even after repeated emails to partner/associate which go ignored. Moreover, the mode is also hybrid making it harder to communicate. What should I do?
Don't know what could be done. Faced the exact same situation in August in Mumbai
I interned with one of their disputes teams in Delhi that deals with arbitration matters. I was allotted a total of three research tasks in 4 weeks and all of them were mails sent to me post 9pm, with no intimation on text or call.

Didn’t like the experience at all.
Speak to the hr, instead of putting it on legally india. Dont' put too man deets on legally india they will be able to trace it to you if there is a low number of interns
What will they do even if they trace. The HR deepanshu and Abhishek both are the worst
Ranting here and putting their names up wont help. instead why don't you put up your name here and allow them to reach out to you much faster and shape up your career. You can thank them later.
Oof this is so unprofessional. I have never seen something like this before. Listen when you’re an intern you’re there to be of service to them and to learn. No one is obligated to do Jack shit cause you sent some emails. The world doesn’t revolve around you. Those people have actual jobs to do other than make sure your internship goes well okay? And it’s ridiculously unprofessional to post on legally india of all places. It’s not about what they’ll do it’s about what you’re doing. You are in fact the worst for this. Give them a call or go to office one day and ask for work. If there is none you can try and find another internship. To do this is nonsense.
Please tell me this is sarcasm? You can’t be real.

A poor guy (probably a 3rd year) and trying to make a career is asking for guidance and you will break his confidence like this?
believe me most law firm guys are conditioned into thinking like this
Probably you are the kind who demotivates interns when they join any senior's chamber/firm by treating them lower than pond scum!

Imagine an intern showing up enthusiastically at work in an unpaid office sharp at 10 A.M by spending an entire hour slogging in metro and burning a hole in his father's pocket just to hear how he is entitled not even to basic learning or sophistication.

I wonder why the legal industry isn't a 'noble profession' as it was envisaged to be by our founding fathers when the illicit sons of those fathers have held their egos and positions at pedestals higher than the gods themselves.

I would say nothing more but definitely pray for some sanity to be bestowed upon you, brother!
@Independent Litigation Counsel -

sir i am litigating at smaller city and wish to litigate in many forums in delhi in diverse areas of law. But I have no contacts there and no guidance. Can we speak sometime? If u are willing pls mail me seriouspen@mail.com
I think people have warned others countless times on Legally India to not consider LL (D) for jobs or otherwise. Anyone who still does so, is just doing it at their own peril.
A 6-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.