Read 29 comments as:
Filter By
A 13-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
Not worth it. Very few jobs out there, and if you manage to find one, the abuse at junior levels alone will make you want to take up any other profession. No other profession can be as "humbling". Why do you want anyone to treat you sub-humanely?
i would consider but will you be ready to slog it out in the initial 3-4 years? its tough, long hours, many weekends, lot of reading, being available at odd hours - holidays etc.
Pardon my ignorance but do taxation lawyers work independently or in a corporate firm ??? And given my age is 36 years, should I go for a 3 year LLB or a 5 year LLB course ???
My suggestion.

1. MBA

2. Taxation lawyer

3. Litigation.

These are the only places where age wouldn't be detrimental. Ageism exists in India . Alot
Go for litigation. It will take time but with smart work you'll be great. In corporate you'll face ageist remarks and won't be promoted quickly despite working hard
How to move to corporate from T-3 city . I only have litigation experience
Thanks for your reply, So considering my age of 36 years, should I go for a 3 year LLB or a 5 year LLB course ??? And again, I am asking with an alignment towards joining the corporate law practice.

Thanks in advance !!!
Wouldn’t advise it. Consider tax instead or do an Executive MBA and do a hybrid law-management job.
If someone completes a 3 year or 5 year law course in India at the age of 40-42 years , does he/she have a chance of becoming a corporate lawyer ???