Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
You know, what I don't understand is, why so much spite and hatred? I understand this post is for trolling. Some kid writes, then some kid responds and this cycle continues. But, someone must have had this original thought to type and post this and enjoy the upheaval, even when their syllabus and study load is allegedly so much.

Kid, dekho. I was introduced to law after reading Constitutional law in UPSC CSE preparation. Unlike lawyers who have others laws to understand, for us, Indian constitution has to be mugged. Vaise bhi UPSC aajkal interpretation level pe chali gyi hai. Till that time, it was unthinkable in my friend circle to take law or study for CLAT. Unthinkable. I would have been a pariah. No one in my extended friend group is a lawyer. All are Engineers. Once I did engineering I realized, I don't like it.

How hard is it to understand? I had no clue that some world beyond IIT exists. Now, let me answer some of your questions because of which you write some much again and again.

Q1. You get NLU tag without cracking CLAT.

No, we are not in this for the NLU tag. Actually, most of us are here for the good legal education which NLS can provide. For any engineer in India, any IIT>IIM ABCL, BITS Pilani, IISc > ISB H, FMS, XLRI, SRCC>other IIMs>LSR,MDI. That's it. For us, NLU tag has literally no value. No value. 0. Ask a Product Manager at Flipkart if he has heard of NLUs in his state. He will say no. Actually, Faculty of Delhi University is more well known to us as many who crack UPSC CSE, attend that college.

So, we are not in this for the tag. Bar 3y law students from buying your hoodie/shirt. I will support it.

Q2. You will steal our jobs.

A. Dekho, firstly, most people who come in the 3y course, actually have jobs. Maybe not earning 20-30 lakh per annum, or not working at McKinsey, but, they have good enough jobs, which when supplemented with a good MBA can earn 40-50 lakh in 3y. So, it is not that people who come for the 3y course will die if they don't practice Law.

B. I do agree that anyone who invests 3 years will want a placement and this will lead to more competition for the almost same number of jobs. But, there are 4 points -

- 1. These are private firms. They make their own decisions. No one, (maybe, except top party brass), dictates terms to them. Their HRs and hiring team won't exactly be swayed, no matter how much the VC advocates for the 3y admits. So, it is their own decisions.

- 2. Private firms don't care about you. For them, we all are - resources. Nothing more, nothing less. So, stop attaching so much of your self worth to them. I read about how the supposed happiest place on earth (Google HQ), shut off access to employee email accounts and sent a list to people who were laid off.

- 3. You came to this college on "supposed" merit. Then, why are you afraid now? People will take cognisance of your superior skills (which the 3y LLB students (according to you) might never have), and will recognize you.

- 4. Even if we do not get a law job, I will (plead a bit) and come back to my current job. I am not dependent on the Law placements for living my life. Of course, if I was placed, it would be a good application of my 3 years.

You know, what people realize after preparing for UPSC CSE? That the difference in gyan, reading ability, knowledge, ability to summarise and research content, is really not that much between the 501st rank and AIR 1. It has more to do with interview and some luck. This awareness increases humility. This only comes with experience.

-------

All institutions, all ideas evolve. IIM A Director has emphasized that slowly, PGPX (1y course) will replace the 2y Flagship PGP. So, should we proclaim that the 2y students are smarter than PGPX course students? No.

So, ideas evolve. The objective of IITs was to produce Engineers. Engineering means applied science. Hence, till last 5y, their undergrad was the flagship. They were not suppose to be too research driven. Now, the idea has shifted to become a full fledged research institute as Indian Govt. is flush with money. So, slowly Masters and PhD is also improving.

Similarly, India needs more quality lawyers, more jurists to support the 140 crore population. See the world Quality. Quality can be provided only by the NLUs and some other Central govt. institutes. So, for inclusive growth, and for building a nation which follows Constitutional morality in her decisions, more legally educated people are needed.

How is this a bad thing?

-------

Q3. What will my advice be to you?

No one was there to guide me when I started preparing for UPSC. I shitted here and then I shitted there. Wasted time doing mistakes after mistakes. My advice is that if you have so much free time, don't waste it on us. Spend time with yourself. The university, the nation, no one gives one hoot shit about you. Your fests don't mean a thing. Everyone will continue with their lives. NLUs will continue to get applications. Even more in their 3y course.

So, search for Sleepy Classes. Buy it's Rs. 12k full UPSC package and start preparing for UPSC CSE. Complete the prelims syllabus before your 5 years end. This way you will have an edge once you enter job market and think of cracking civil services. Remember, you won't be fighting people like us, you will be fighting IIT B and IIT Delhi top rankers. Do you really think the topper of your class who went to IIT was not capable enough to crack CLAT? He/She chose not to.

So, mug the content. Solve the Vision IAS test papers and ratofy the solutions. Be iron ready. Aage aapki marzi.

----

Lastly, it takes guts to say no to a 1y MBA, leave your job, and sacrifice time to get a law degree later in life.

I will live my life. You will live yours. You will continue posting shit here and get some kicks, I will move on. The 3y students will move on. Your time, energy and emotions will be wasted which you could have used in reading Vision IAS current affairs magazine and later, serving lakhs of underprivileged communities through your ethical decisions.

Anyway, all the best! Aage aapki marzi. Continue posting shit here. I hope I have helped at least 1 person.