Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
Here are some (hopefully) helpful suggestions. Thee have worked for me up to a point. To be entirely honest, the most weight I've lost was in the first year of Covid when I wasn't eating outside and was doing a lot of the housework because no maids etc. :-D

1. If you can, speak to a nutritionist to see how you can alter your diet to lose some weight. A keto diet, if done properly and under supervision, actually does help with weight loss, but don't think you'll suddenly drop 5 kg in a couple of weeks. It takes some months and has the potential to cause health issues in some people (my wife and I tried Keto for 6 months some years ago. We lost weight but also ended up with severe dehydration);

2. Try and stop eating junk food altogether save, perhaps, on weekends as cheat days. When I started my first law firm job ~ 20 years ago, the only choice for a meal when you working late nights (and there were MANY of those) was junk food and I'm still trying to get rid of all that fat. Thanks to Zomato/Swiggy there's hundreds of healthier choices these days.

3. Reduce carbs and increase proteins (for e.g., cut back on sugar, potatoes and maida and increase meat intake or greens (if you're a vegan/vegetarian). However, if you are reducing carbs, make sure you're hydrating sufficiently (water, not coke/juice/tea/coffee);

4. Eat a big breakfast, a medium size lunch and a small dinner. If possible, eat dinner before 7 pm and then eat nothing till breakfast the next day.

5. Avoid random snacking. If you can't avoid snacking (no shame in that - I'm one of those people), then reduce your main meal intakes and switch to nuts, black gram, sprouts, makhanas for snacks.

6. Keep up the swimming / other regular exercise. Even if it doesn't help you lose weight, it will keep you fit and limber.