Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
So should you. The judge clearly knew that an overwhelming majority of these 36000 are perfectly qualified to do the job. Hence he left a backdoor entry for them, by saying that if they are found to be qualified within the next 3 months, then they will be given back pay and continued seniority for this time. This is as good as admitting the weakness in his own reasoning, because one should have identified who were qualified and who weren't, before having dismissed them from a job. That's the very ground on which this order too will be stayed in higher court/bench. This judge just likes playing to the gallery and media, that's all. He was frustrated at CBI's incompetence to have actually made any breakthrough in the investigation and got hold of the real bigshot culprits of TMC and the government servants responsible. So he wanted to show that he was doing something. Nothing makes a better headline than 36000 jobs taken away overnight. For those who are conflating criticism of the judge and his actions to be supporting TMC, my advice would be that they should read more law and less WhatsApp forwards.

If it matters, I detest the TMC. However, I do believe that law can and should find a better way of bringing them to justice, instead of this ham-handed manner. Had the central party in power not been using CBI and ED as its stooges, then those very agencies would have long ago operated independently and got to the bottom of this. Instead they are being thrashed every day in court by the special judge and this guy both for their incompetence and inability to proceed with the investigation. Remember the Sharada and Narada scams? Being investigated for over 7 years now by CBI and ED without any progress, with the accused holding key positions in TMC and BJP both. All of these people are scums regardless of their political affiliations. The way that Modi shouted in favour of the corruption in Karnataka government before the elections was sickening too. These are all alike.