Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
If someone from the LI community has given an interview for Khaitan pls inform me about the following two things:-

1. What all Qs should I expect for the interview (if some of the Qs asked can be shared it would be appreciated)?

2. The interview is taken by whim- Partner, PA, SA or the HR?

3. How long does the interview last?

4. What are the chances of getting an Internship post the internship?

5. What should be location preference in terms of PPO?

6. Which Teams have the max no. of vacancies right now?

Please Please make this thread genuine, it would not only help me but also other law students in the future who can see useful info from here. Let's make the best use of LI
The first question they usually ask is - Do you know anyone in Khaitan ? If yes, you need to name the person, which Khaitan office that person is working in (location), you will be asked how you know that person and whether you have worked with him / her (never heard of other firms doing that). At least in the Mumbai office, you are asked if you have done due diligences. Interviews are usually taken by the partners with the HR present as well. Interview usually lasts for half an hour at the most. Other interview questions are usually CV based. Not sure about questions 4 and 6. If corporate work / M & A is what you want to do, chose the Mumbai office.

PS: There have been rumours of mass firing recently at Khaitan, supposedly because there was a mass hiring first up, and then the converse happened due to the firm not having much work. Not sure about this though. Better to talk to some of your friends (if any who are already in KCo) and also do your due diligence.
1. Basics of Contracts and 2 situational based questions (might depend from team to team but if you are in it for GC, then expect a lot of grilling questions on indemnity, pledge and term sheets)

2. An HR which will be shadowed by 2 other team members (1 Counsel and 1 Partner in my case)

3. Not more than 15 minutes if you are able to tackle things effectively.

4. Completely depends on the team; expect a lot of competition for the GC team since everybody want to go for the same. Banking & Finance seems like a more viable option at KCO to be very honest considering the fact that the attrition is high and chances of getting a PPO shall increase manifold (specifically in the Bombay office).

5. Mumbai only. A lot of these law firms have college cults and PPOs are rolled out in teams to mostly those who come from the same law school as the managing partner(s)/key team members since they find it easier to be "seen" and to establish a strong flair with the team as a whole; which again is not always merit based.

6. Banking & Finance, Projects, Tax & Competition (Please do not target Capmarks, GC or Disputes since a lot of PPOs for the same have been rolled out in December of last year).

Best of luck!!!
Hey, these PPOs were given for the '24 batch, right? Do I have a chance for a ppo as I'm in 2025 batch?
After the interview, do they verbally offer you a position immediately? How long is it likely to take?