Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
To elaborate/counter on the points mentioned above:

- The admin is absolutely stale and has no vision for the university, has a ram bharose attitude towards administration, with absolutely hostile attitude towards students.

Case in point: Attendance Policy, no backlog policy, curfew timings, exam pattern etc.

- There is absolutely no dilution of student quality, NLUJ is probably the only NLU with no state based quota and amongst a few who have no OBC quota, with a batch strength of 120 from a very long time, I don't see any dilution from the side of the university, the pandemic has however changed things with many 3rd years having no basic knowledge of core subjects like crime, contracts, constitution etc.

- Very true, there is not a single permanent faculty in NLUJ, good faculty come and after seeing the contractual nature of the job leave, the court infact ruled against their contractual
and hire and fire policy (HC) but a stay on the same was granted by the SC.
Young faculty who join the university leave after getting their PHDs.

- I disagree Jindal and other colleges have not being able to steal the thunder of NLUJ just yet with NLUJ having placements at par to WBNUJS and NALSAR with a smaller batch size. We also have maintained the two vac schemes per batch statistic for a long time.

- Literally no support from the state government, due to the tussel between the two regarding the Domicile policy and appointment of registrar the University has not seen any flow of substantial funds from the government.
The VC refuses to bend over backwards for the receiving of more funds. (As evident by her speech)

- I can write whole paragraghs, what you call poor work ethic is just gen z standing up for their rights and not taking abuse from the superiors, as evident by the decline of ragging culture or be it students protesting for their rights against PPS and admin.

Just wait for 5 months, the tenure of PPS is about to end, I am quite hopeful that we as an institution will rise and again regain our past glory.