Read 2 comments as:
Filter By
Yours is a philosophy that recognizes force theory of law whereby sovereign is the one that has force and can implement its commands. As per that view you say that one's valid ownership titles can be decimated and extinguished by the sovereign if the sovereign applies that force to implement its commands of destructing temple and then issuing a firman to incongruently install domes on top and to resist any attempts at (regaining back control of)* such forcible conversion of property - no matter what the principles of equity, justice and good conscience may lead one to. As per that view, you also say that Britishers did not recognize valid title - and so there's no valid title merely because British was a sovereign, without considering the principles of equity, justice and good conscience.

Non-recognition by a sovereign is no basis to rejecting ownership titles. An ownership title is vested by the dint of application of one's labour and not because of recognition by a sovereign or not. The labour has to be justly applied and not through application of force or through an act of theft. I am owner of a car I build because of the above principle - not because the sovereign recognized my ownership. Well, my view is again a philosophy that I subscribe to.

I can bet on my life that my philosophy is what will usher in world peace, and your philosophy will only result in creating a system which is wrested between sovereigns with waxing and waning amounts of force.

I'll also tell you what your line of thinking and what your philosophy entails - Nazism. As per Nazis, jews were sub-humans who had no right of existence. As per your philosophy, it was okay for Nazis to kill jews because the prevailing sovereign of that time did not recognize their right of existence. Congratulations - you just legitimized the holocaust and many others preceding it.

I'd shudder to think of the value systems you have been raised on.
There is a beautiful temple where I grew up, it is over 800 years old and from a cursory look of the architecture it was clear that the temple was not like others, later I came to know that it was built by converting/repurposing (depending on your view) a Buddhist stupa. Can the Buddhists reclaim this temple?