Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
OP here.

Thanks 27.1 and 27.2 much appreciated and as we speak i have put down my papers. Couldn't agree more with 27.2. Life is too short to deal with such toxicity and make do with people and try to get even with them. I was on the verge of losing my sanity. For what it is worth the person is on an awards buying spree( which was discussed in a separate thread on LI) in his/her quest to seek validation. Perhaps, making me feel miserable every single day helped him/her to get that much needed 'feeling of superiority'-. I can take some solace in the fact that at least I was able to be of some service albeit as a punching bag.

Just a request to Kian and the Mods:

Can we have a SOS button where a comment can be marked as 'urgent' so that lesser mortals like me can have some expert guidance on such issues from peers on priority? We can also include an undertaking to make sure that such SOS marked comments cannot be a regular affair and should not be misused. However, i reckon there is no way to authenticate that.
Kian you should really introduce a feature to mirage such posts and put a read at your own discretion thing. I was eating chicken salad, now have to throw it.
What is the most absurd thing your partner/senior has said to you which has made you rethink why you were putting up with them in the first place?
When I sneezed on the call with the partner, s/he said "Don't make noise!".

Savage! In love with her/his routine sarcasm since.

Cheers!
My pet was on his last legs, had to put him down. I wanted to visit my dog to see him for one last time and put him down. Asked my partner for 2 days leave, my partner looked me in the eye, heard my request and said β€œno, my transaction is more important.”

My dog passed away 2 days later while I was working. Never got a chance to say bye for one last time. Won’t forget and won’t forgive.