Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
Dear Guest,
I do not mind being called a 'Clown'. After all, the ability to get others to laugh at oneself can be quite useful and socially productive. However, I do take objection to your use of the word 'Pest'. In line with my training, I am not going to report your comment but respond to whatever point it is that you are trying to make.

Could you explain how I stand 'exposed' and in what context? If you recall, I had publicly supported Prof. Sudhir Krishnaswamy's appointment as NLSIU Vice-Chancellor in 2019. All of my comments and posts in his favour were made publicly in my own name. What was I hiding? This year, it is my belief that Prof. Faizan Mustafa's continuation as NALSAR Vice-Chancellor for one more term (2022-2027) would be better for the institution. I am prepared to set out my reasons in detail as well. I am sure that some colleagues and students have their own grievances and criticisms of FM's decisions made over the last 10 years. Does that somehow bar me from expressing my views and having discussions with colleagues and students? Does that prevent a large segment of our students from submitting their views to the Search Committee? How come there has been no criticism of some of the other contenders and their supporters who are openly reaching out to sitting judges and government officials? I am sure that we can trust the experience and wisdom of the Search Committee members to closely scrutinise the records of all those who are in contention.

Which game of mine do the students know about? The representation seeking Prof. Faizan Mustafa's re-appointment was submitted to the Search Committee on April 24, 2022. The text was prepared by the students. I did read the draft and helped them tighten the language. The signatures were collected through their own efforts. You must note that 565 out of 840 full-time students have signed their letter. Do you think that it is humanly possible for me (or any other faculty member) to beg, cajole or coerce such a large number of independent-minded students to sign such a letter? It must also be noted that nearly 275 students have chosen not to sign their letter. I am sure that they have good reasons for doing so and I respect their decision.

So instead of resorting to anonymous personal attacks, you should have the moral courage to identify yourself and have an open discussion with me and others interested in the long-term welfare of NALSAR. As you may recall, I do have the patience to engage in sustained arguments, even with those who begin by abusing me. If you think that this forum is not appropriate, you can call me over the phone and visit Shamirpet.
Ugh. Heโ€™s a real person. Heโ€™s mostly been above board with this actions. Whatever your grievances thereโ€™s no need to call him a pest or a clown. Thatโ€™s disgusting! R: what is moderation for if not a comment like this?
https://www.barandbench.com/news/lawschools/nalsar-hyderabad-invites-applications-post-vice-chancellor-university

Here are 3 strong candidates who qualify. Feel free to add to the list!

1. VC Vivekanandan, PhD (NLSIU), HNLU VC.
- Had applied to NUJS. After being rejected (because of politics) joined HNLU. May apply to upgrade to a better NLU.
Strengths: Already an existing VC, prior to that also had admin experience (Dean of Bennett and IIT Law School), has taught at NALSAR as a professor, technically counts as both a TLC and NLU alum
Weaknesses: Below par publication record, teaches IP and not public law

2. Ved Kumari, PhD (DU) NLUO VC
- Currently VC of NLUO, long tenure at DU.
Strengths: Panel members will like a DU person, woman, public law scholar, smart, some international experience, well published
- Weaknesses: Strict disciplinarian, clashes with some students because of this

3. Srividhya Raghavan, LLB (NLSIU), LLM (KCL), PhD (GW). Professor at Texas A&M.
- Had applied to be NLUD VC, did not make it. May throw in her hat again.
Strengths: Well published, NLSIU alum, woman, smart, long international experience
Weaknesses: Lack of contacts and pull in India, TLC panel members (expect Baxi) may root for TLC alum, neither of the panel members have much idea of IP law and may favour a public law scholar.