Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
That's a great and relevant question for the times. Since a lot of such good questions are coming up, we have decided to host a LIVE Q&A session on our social media pages - LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube at 5 pm IST this Friday. Below is the link to our Linkedin page that contains all the details. This LIVE Q&A session will be open to Indian qualified corporate transactional lawyers (all levels) and to law students aspiring to a career in corporate law. Please attend, and enrich the discussion with your great questions. Thank you.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6863693525087846400/
Not sure where you're reading that in our website? Our website basically states that internships are the ONLY channel through which we recruit fresh grads. That's a VERY different thing from saying we hire fresh grads ONLY AS interns.

Also, this point is again quite clearly made even in my original post above - "We hire fresh grads ONLY through our internship programme" . The compensation bands too are very clearly explained in my post, but for the sake of abundant clarity, "Associate Entry Level Pay" means "A0 Pay" and it is paid to fresh grads that we recruit.

I hope this clarification frees your mind from torturous thoughts of impending penury :-) All the best!
Yes, we do. 2 days a week of compulsory WFO. And we will review this periodically as things evolve.

On stipend, it is correct that a couple of months or so ago, we announced a significant enhancement to our stipend amounts. See our LinkedIn post for the details.
Sure, here you go:

(a) That is still the case - we still hire fresh graduates solely through our internship programme. The email address to apply is internship@lexygen.law

(b) It is true we are still operating on hybrid model. However, most interns we've had in the past 6+ months have interned in Bangalore with us physically. We can certainly consider exceptional candidates for virtual internships.

Good luck!
We hire from NLUs, we hire from non-NLUs. That is a total non-factor for us. Your age too. But we would typically look for decent academics and good internships in relevant work areas.

Good luck!
No, we don't do rocket science, so if you're a rocket scientist, please apply to ISRO :-)

But we do fairly focused work, and so yes, if you are a lateral, we look for very relevant work experience as a must-have. If you are an intern, then it's not a must-have but certainly a key differentiating factor if you have relevant prior internships experience.

Hope this clarifies. Good luck!
I am the Managing Partner of Lexygen. Several recent posts and comments on LegallyIndia have been brought to my attention which purport to offer comment/information on the pay numbers at Lexygen. On going through those comments, I got the clear sense (as some of you may also have) that several of those commenters were adopting an approach of malicious and ridiculous embellishment of our pay numbers so that the very credibility of other comments, where our numbers were quoted more or less accurately, would also be tarnished. This kind of misinformation hurts aspiring candidates a great deal.

I am therefore, posting this to officially clear the air, and to help those of you lawyers and law students that are genuinely seeking credible and accurate info about our firm to help you make that choice as to whether you’d like to apply to us for a job or not. The accurate information is below, β€œfrom the horse’s mouth” - you all decide whether our pay structure is Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier N, and most importantly, whether you’d like to consider applying to Lexygen or not.

Associate Entry Level Pay – We pay fresh law graduates a fixed retainer of INR 1.25 lakhs a month, or INR 15 lakhs per annum. We also pay a bonus that could range from 0 to INR 1.2 lakhs per annum. We hire fresh grads ONLY through our internship programme.

Senior Associate Entry Level Pay – We pay entry-level Senior Associates INR 24 lakhs to 27 lakhs per annum as fixed retainer. We also pay a bonus for entry level SAs which could range from 0 to INR 15 lakhs per annum.

Partner Pay – We don’t currently disclose our Partner pay publicly for various reasons. So, please don’t believe all those numbers and posts that claim our Partner pay to be INR 4 to 5 crores. It would be fair to say that currently, our Partner pay is not even close to those numbers. Our entry level fixed retainer for retained Partners is around INR 51 lakhs. The bonus can be quite huge there, but completely depends on performance.

Work-Life Balance – Yes, we DO pride ourselves on being a firm that offers reasonable work-life balance, but we also are a firm that does a LOT of great-quality work, so it does mean that we all have to put in the long and hard hours necessary for delivering at that level. But I can say with honesty that we do our best to be considerate of our people’s time, personal lives and health (physical and mental). We work very hard to retain our non-toxic environment and trust me, that’s not easy!

Hope this helps. All the best to all of you! Happy Diwali!

Vijay Sambamurthi
Just a quick reminder to everyone interested that this LIVE Q&A Session is at 5 pm IST TODAY.