Read 2 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, what do you guys think about coming out to your coworkers? I'm an A1, have not even met my team once yet, and not sure if any of partners/teammates I work with are homophobic? Everyone in my college and family have always been supportive!

Wanted to understand the general status around this in law firms and if someone has faced something positive/negative?
Its a Mixed Bag, from what I know, I have been a Corporate Counsel for the last 12 years, initially, it can be a challenge but what's important is the Industry and area of practice. I would recommend Media, Entertainment, Fashion, Advertising, Media Planning and Technology for LGBTQ Lawyers to work in the industry, they can be much better. Prefer US and European companies over Middle-Eastern and Chinese ones. For Litigation and Counsel Practise. Mumbai and Delhi have a great LGBTQ ecosystem if you know where to find it. ;-)

But one thing is very clear, your sexual identity would not be defining you. Your work would. I am pretty much known and around. Like me there are many around also, just need to look ;-)