Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
Hello fellow human! I think I might be the MOST qualified to answer this. Why? Because I dropped three years as well and ended up at NALSAR. Some of my batch mates did a two year drop. Someone was late in nursery admissions and did a drop, making it essentially a 2 years drop. So you did not fuck up!! Just make sure you make the best of the placements that NALSAR allows. After all that is why you did it right?

If I would have just continued in my never heard of law school, I would NEVER have landed a decent job. And look at me now! I landed a big 6 job on the day zero of NALSAR! I feel bad when I say that none of my old law school batch-mates ever even saw the door of a big 6 law firm. But this is the reality. And yes it is harsh.

So what would you rather be 27 and unemployed? Or 27 and living your dream???? Mind you, you will be 27 either ways.

What about the guy who failed in 10th and dropped one year. He is still two years behind! What about the guy who did everything on time but went to a mediocre college. And took three more years to find a decent job? He is also three years behind! So you are neither ahead, nor behind. You are just in your time zone.

You will enjoy your youth in NALSAR while building a great future potential. Just study harder than what I did :P NALSAR will give you a quality education that will change you for life. The soft skills, the great mooting-debating culture, the awesome library and the general exposure to the best law students of India would make you future ready.

Nalsar is a great college, great infra, great life, great everything and a very BIG brand name. I can understand why you did what you did. If it was a master's degree I would have bluntly said yes, but a BA LLB from NALSAR is a dream many wish for and you are living it! Age does not matter. At 27 you WILL be still YOUNG (and earning well in a Big 6 or corporate with a lot of future potential). I am in a big 6 and NLSIU/NALSAR still have that old world charm. NALSAR made my life easier. Even though I was not in the top 30, STILL I got a big 6 law firm offer. In a lower NLU at 40 rank they would not have even probably interviewed me. In my old lawschool, no recruiter even came for placement.

So no matter what ANYONE else says. NO YOU DID NOT MESS UP AND YOU DID NOT TAKE A DUMB DECISION! I almost feel writing to my past self 8 years back. Thanks for this opportunity!