Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
I can speak for Allahabad High Court (NOT the Lucknow Bench).

A senior designation doesn't impact so much, the lawyers are generally also earning around the same figure otherwise. The figure can vary - I know seniors who charge 1L appearance/case (depending on affordability of litigant and kind of matter) and the highest I've heard someone charge is roundabout 3.5L appearance/case (the senior-most designated senior).

Since NOIDA falls under Alld HC's jurisdiction, it is the main money pot for civil-commercial lawyers. Most real estate cases come from there. Apart from that I think it is mostly service matters that are done frequently. There's also an NCLT Bench here, so companies either engage arguing counsel from Delhi who fly in, or well-known names from Allahabad - designated seniors get an opportunity to print here as well.

Criminal lawyers of course make potloads with the right clients. Allahabad is the seat to a lot of political movement, parties are always trying to one up each other through filing cases against each other - leads to a lot of criminal law work, esp bail and 482 apps.

Until recently, Anticipatory Bail did not apply to UP, so the workaround to that was a 482 application. However, now anticipatory bail is available, and that work has gone to the Trial Courts, away from the HC.

Distances are negligible, quality of life is peaceful, so the money in relative terms is much more than the money in Tier 1 cities. A meal for two at the most expensive restaurant won't exceed 2k (on the higher side). Property costs are a bit on the higher side relatively, but much lower than Delhi Bombay.