Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
Hey guys, I am an ex-MA at B&P. 8 plus years work ex in Disputes/Litigation.

Salary was 42L fixed plus variable which is between 7 to 14L depending on work performances, client satisfaction and other such goals.

Hope this is useful for anyone who is looking out for the info.

I do know for sure that other firms such as KCO, CAM/SAM, Trilegal, etc. get marginally more in bonuses but that depends on the deals cracked by laterals.
Your question is wrong PA and MA is not equivalent across firms. Khaitan and CAM make PA after 6 years PQE and Luthra makes MA after 6 years PQE, whereas SAM makes PA after 7 years PQE. Trilegal doesn't have PA/MA, but a designation called counsel for 7 years PQE. AZB doesn't have an equivalent - they make SA at 5 yrs PQE and straight partner after that at 9-10 yrs PQE. Not aware of the situation at JSA and other firms.

So a better question would be "what is the pay for 6 years and 7 years PQE respectively at these firms? Hope people can contribute and answer this.
At JSA the salary is dependant on the team that you work in as large part of the variable is linked to 10% commissions on billings. So in a good team the PA's can touch around 80 lacs a year. The break up is given below:

Fixed Salary is 2.8 lacs per month = 33.6 lakhs
In a good team the PA will bill around 2.5 Cr to 3 Cr annually. Taking base as 2.5 Cr the 10% commission will be around = 25 lakh

The Bonus is at 12 Lakhs. Assuming you have billed 2.5 Cr, the PA will definitely get full bonus.

Total = 33.6 + 25 + 12 = 70.6 lakh. This is assuming 2.5 Cr billing. Some PA's bill more than 3 Cr as well.

I an average team the billing will be around 1 Cr to 1.5 Cr. Assuming at 1Cr billing then 10% commission will be around 10 Lakhs. Therefore, under an average team the PA will be earning around 33.6 + 10 + 10 = 53.6 Lakhs.

Hpe this gives perspective. As it all depends on your billings.