Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
I made the mistake of joining a small now-dead firm just after graduating from a premiere law school. With absolutely no experience, I was asked by the managing partner to draft a detailed legal opinion on a complicated transaction that involved foreign investment into India into a very niche sector. With zero clue as to how to go about it and zero support or guidance from team (no SA,PA or even experienced associate on the engagement), I was completely at a loss. First version of deliverable was, as expected, poor and oh horror of horrors... the man started screaming, yelling and using nasty words. Every engagement involved some mistreatment or the other, with absolutely no guidance whatsoever. And, more humiliation piled on and on. And snide remarks of not being good enough, NLUs are all crap, and 'look-out-for-something-else' started, just one month into the job. After 2 months, I just lost it. Almost threw the agreement i was supposed to mark-up, right at his face and walked out, without another job in hand! Best feeling ever! Exhilarating to say the least! No regrets though of having done that 'cos I went on to join a Tier1 firm and did well too. I don't even mention the firm on my CV. But, I always make sure I am nice to junior kids, 'cos they shouldn't go thru the torture I went through.

My advice to any fresher kid who is ill-treated at work is - it's not the last job out there. Don't take BS from anyone. It's so not worth it! You are better than what they think you are worth!

Of course, the firm itself died soon. The prick (he used to touch women inappropriately i was also told) continues to practice.....