Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
If you are aiming for a tier-1 MBA in India or outside, then the obvious high paying career options are in finance and consulting. As pointed out in other comments, these roles offer similar work environment, but higher pay, and a lot of travel. However, MBA can open up other opportunities too, but these will likely require letting go of your law background. I have listed some options below, but difficult to comment what would be a better fit as you haven't mentioned your current practice area and if you're willing to move away from it.

(i) Roles in marketing or product management are other post-MBA top picks (assuming you have an interest + are able to gain relevant experience during MBA through internships and projects).

(ii) Apart from MBA, consider experimenting with in-house work. Growth stage companies in new age sectors are exciting for lawyers as they operate in regulatory grey areas. They are also willing to pay tier-1 firm level (or more) salaries to the right talent, and have proactive involvement of legal teams in day-to-day operations. Write compelling cold emails to the founders/ legal heads, and chances of getting a response are higher than (iii) below.

(iii) Going in-house with companies in traditional markets (such as real estate, banking, heavy industries) is another option, but the pay will be lesser compared to (ii), and the work is likely to be laidback.

(iv) Pursuing a career in policy. If you work in regulatory/ litigation practice then can move in-house in policy teams (especially with companies in (ii)), or work with think tanks.

If you are looking at MBA only as a move away from law, i'd suggest you think through the long-term goal before diving into the degree. Be very sure of what you want out of the MBA so that you opt for the right electives, clubs, internships, exchange, and alumni networks. Going blind into the course will disable you from getting most out of it, and will pretty much leave you exactly where you started (except with a piece of paper as a degree).