Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
Dear Anonymous Job Seeker,

First up, you have not failed anyone. If you are a law student of a five year program, you are among the 8.15% of India's population who is graduate, and among top 1% who is fortunate enough to hold a professional degree like LLB. Congratulate yourself, because you have achieved much, and you are yet to graduate.

On top of all these things, you have graduated in the best time of our lives. There has never been a better time to be a lawyer, never has been a better time to be aspiring and to dream of a better life. There are opportunities if you have the patience and grit. Please put up a separate thread as a 'Job Seeker', and ask about what you can do, and I will clue you in on the opportunities available, as an entrepreneur, freelancer, writer, etc. among others. As someone who understands the legal job ecosystem better than most, I can lay out for you your game plan if you put in details on your background. If you put yourself out there for people to look up on your LinkedIn, I am sure you will receive constructive remarks, negative maybe, but constructive, that can help you better yourself and get what you want. This is better than wallowing in self-pity.

Having said that, let me highlight that I come from a private law school. I lacked polish in language, conduct, background and made it up with hustle. I hustled for myself and I hustled for my batch mates and juniors to get ourselves a break in India's corporate firms. But I also witnessed. I witnessed that none of the students in my batch who wanted to work for someone, were without work. I am talking about a sub-standard private law school. Everyone who wants to get work, gets work. Do you know what consistent cry is accross legal chambers, law firms, in-house departments? - We do not have good talent, there are no good lawyers available. The demand is there, making the supply expensive. This is where you can think about coming down from the high horse, figuring out a interest area related job and jumping into the work. Few of my batch mates of 2019 who started jobs at 20-30K (scored at an average of 3-4 months after graduation) now make moderately well between 1 lac and above. They jumped into their interest areas, put in hard work, made themselves indispensable and developed acumen.

Don't worry about money, money will flow with dedication and hard work. Impress the right mentors, impress them with your skill, creativity, zeal and hard work. Worry about whether at the end of ten years in this profession, will you be able to look back and say - 'Cheers, I lived my dream?'.

[i]At an average you have 40 more years of work ahead of you, pace yourself, don't loose hope in the short term only to loose in the long term. Cheers.[/I]