Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
I will be a graduate from Du 3 year law school soon enough but have no PPO or job offer in hand. I have only ever interned in 1 proper law firm with the DR team and just a few online internships here and there which add no real value to my resume. My skills are limited to minor drafting work, research and knowing the basics of scc and manupatra. I always wanted to work with a law firm especially corporate area/M&A.. but unfortunately never got a single internship despite multiple applications, reaching out to seniors, and people on linkedin etc. I got decent grades but that's the only highlight of my journey so far. How do I make myself competent enough at this stage to get a job? I've been thinking of switching career and start preparing for government job exams but does not sound much feasible either given my age and mental stress. Pls guide and advice about my situation. I will be grateful and indebted.
Intern even after passing out. Look for a T2 or even T3( being from du will help )firm and start interning there stick with them and you might land a job. You can also join an LLM if you along with it. Placement for us 3yr LLB students are just a joke but we have to make the best out of it.

All the best tho
Aim for this career path: GMAT>MBA>Tech or consulting>Millionaire>Marry a supermodel>Sabbatical>Fatherhood>Startup founder>Billionaire>Retire at 40 or 45.
seriously asking - what do you offer to an organisation with no skills? wishes are well and good but they dont pay the bills. Not everyone needs to become a big shot m&a lawyer
I'm in a similar position, want to get in touch? Drop an anonymous email id
Relax. Life is long. Lots of opportunities will come through. I was in a similar situation last year. Did an LLM and got to a good place in life. I am satisfied with the growth. Not as much as the successful peers of my age, but still very decent. Just do not sit idle. Do something, ON RECORD.