Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
I wanted to pursue a degree outside India and I am currently in a t2 nlu. I am really interested in the finance field and want to work in the likes of jp morgan etc. I know it is comparatively off the scope of law but if i were to do something in that direction, would mba be more feasible or llm?
Honest question: What value does an LLM (from a non Oxbridge/Ivy institute) offer for those who don't plan on entering academia in the future?

For OP, why would the likes of JP Morgan even look for LLM grads in the first place, especially for, like you said, finance oriented roles?
Exposure. What you want changes with more education. It's your choice. If you have a very specific goal like investing banking, the LLM probably won't help. But if you want to expand your ambitions and thinking, it will help with that.
MBA any day. Go abroad and run away from our corrupt, nepotistic and polluted country. Good luck.
if you want to work at name brand financial firms then MBA is the only route, llm has got academic value only

however, if you want to keep that route open as well do the msc in law and finance from oxford, relatively easy to get in comparison to BCL